Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Successful installation on MSI H170A PC MATE. I installed Sierra with onboard graphics and went back to the UEFI later to enable my GPU. My graphics work fine on my older GT 730.

Can I go back and enable/disable other UEFI items that were changed for this installation?

Successful installation on MSI H170A PC MATE. I installed Sierra with onboard graphics and went back to the UEFI later to enable my GPU. My graphics work fine on my older GT 730.

Can I go back and enable/disable other UEFI items that were changed for this installation?

Download EFIMounter in the Downloads drop down menu above.
Download Clover Configurator, use google or in the Downloads > Community Software section.

Run EFI mounter, open clover folder and drag the config.plist to desktop. Create a new folder and repeat but drag it to folder. That way you have a spare copy.

Right click on desktop copy and select " open with" choose Clover Configurator. You can make changes to plist and then hit save. Drag desktop copy to clover folder and follow replace prompts.

What UEFI settings are you looking to change? The EFI partition Clover folder will have those items and you can access them by using the EFIMounter.

What UEFI settings are you looking to change? The EFI partition Clover folder will have those items and you can access them by using the EFIMounter.

Sorry about that. I'm wondering about these settings:

4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
7. If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled

Can I change them to their default states?

Thanks!

Sorry about that. I'm wondering about these settings:

Can I change them to their default states?

Thanks!

Turn off computer, then restart, hold down the delete key when the motherboard screen pops up, then release it should enter bios which is where these settings are located.

You have an MSI board so you may not find all those settings, CFG should be in CPU settings,serial port is doable, and secure boot mode. I don't know if you can find the XHCI handoff, but I have a MSI pc mate and it works well. Focus on serial ports, or serial IO ports, secure boot and CFG lock.

Turn off computer, then restart, hold down the delete key when the motherboard screen pops up, then release it should enter bios which is where these settings are located.

You have an MSI board so you may not find all those settings, CFG should be in CPU settings,serial port is doable, and secure boot mode. I don't know if you can find the XHCI handoff, but I have a MSI pc mate and it works well. Focus on serial ports, or serial IO ports, secure boot and CFG lock.

Gigamaxx, I changed these settings to install Sierra. My question is about reversing the settings to what they were. Should I do that? Or will that mess up Sierra? I have a very old film scanner (SCSI connection), and I would think it needs to have the IO SerialPort enabled to work.

You cannot run Mutibeast properly until SIP is completely disabled, not partially disabled (as may be set by running Multibeast) especially audio Kexts.
It is very important that you fully understand SIP.
You need to verify SIP is disabled or partially disabled with terminal before adding third party kexts.

These are bios settings, enabled and disabled, before booting. IE no Clover, no OS involved. Download a Motherboard manual and find out where these setting live in the Bios and how to adjust them and what keyboard command allow bios access. If and OEM product then you should not even being attempting to install Sierra not knowing what a bios is, and how to configure it. Laptops and OEM computers do not have full access to the bios, to clarify; the have what is known as a "dummied down bios" and most of the advanced user configurations and overclocking settings, have been removed and are unavailable for access to the normal user. Most of 4,5,7 and 8 are on all machines. 7 and 8 are often time disabled or not present.

Did you run Multibeast and select it?

Gigamaxx, I changed these settings to install Sierra. My question is about reversing the settings to what they were. Should I do that? Or will that mess up Sierra? I have a very old film scanner (SCSI connection), and I would think it needs to have the IO SerialPort enabled to work.

You can try it, but it can cause boot problems if it's activated.

You cannot run Mutibeast properly until SIP is completely disabled, not partially disabled (as may be set by running Multibeast) especially audio Kexts.
It is very important that you fully understand SIP.
You need to verify SIP is disabled or partially disabled with terminal before adding third party kexts.

These are bios settings, enabled and disabled, before booting. IE no Clover, no OS involved. Download a Motherboard manual and find out where these setting live in the Bios and how to adjust them and what keyboard command allow bios access. If and OEM product then you should not even being attempting to install Sierra not knowing what a bios is, and how to configure it. Laptops and OEM computers do not have full access to the bios, to clarify; the have what is known as a "dummied down bios" and most of the advanced user configurations and overclocking settings, have been removed and are unavailable for access to the normal user. Most of 4,5,7 and 8 are on all machines. 7 and 8 are often time disabled or not present.

Gigabyte boards have all those options, but MSI may not.

Disable SIP, if you use terminal it should be completely disabled it not partially. The problem with using terminal is you need to be able to access your recovery partition if your already having problems with your setup it's hard to get to recovery screen and use terminal. Booter config. 0x67, and 0xFFF are another way to get SIP disabled or partially disabled.

Back