Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for this incredible utility.
This was my first time building a hackintosh and although there were some hiccups, I have to say the whole process was a LOT easier than I had assumed it would be.

My specs:
Intel S5520SC motherboard with SC5650WS chassis
2x Intel Xeon X5650 Processors
Nvidia GeForce GTX555 Graphics
Sandisk 240gb SSD

Installation was simple: I flashed the BIOS to the most current version, changed some of the bios settings, and ran the installation on a freshly formatted SSD. From there I ran Multibeast, and after a few attempts of trial and error the system now boots without the USB and appears to be running quite well. I have not had much running time, so if anything changes I will update this post but right now I am stoked things all went well. I will admit that I did have to install OS Sierra twice, but this is because the system froze randomly while Multibeast was installing the settings on to my first installation, which ended up causing the system to reset while trying to boot, both with and without the USB installed.

I just threw this all together with some parts I had lying around after getting the motherboard and case for free.. I found the processors on eBay for $40 and they were actually new in box.. After buying the CPU coolers and RAM, I have less than $150 in to this entire system build and I could not be happier. I have the on-board ethernet working perfectly, although I have yet to get the sound to work and I may end up just buying some sort of cheap USB sound card so that I don't have to fiddle with anything.
Funny enough I have yet to receive the 48gb of DDR3 ECC ram that I ordered, so the installation was completed using 8gb (2 4gb sticks) of regular DDR3 ram from my FX6300 build.

If anyone else is running this same motherboard, regardless of the version of Mac OS (or OS X), any advice as to how I can get these dang case fans to stop running at 100% would be more than appreciated. Given that the case was designed for use as a workstation, the fans are ridiculously loud and I need to get that sorted ASAP.

All in all I am a happy happy man.

Edit: After I have some seat time with this and I can confirm my settings work over the long term I will make a build thread to help anyone else who might want to build a similar system. Fingers crossed for continued success!

i have the same motherboard, can you share your success stories now? your bios setup, etc. i am in the process of installing el capitan or sierra. i have 10 x samsung 4gb ecc (40gb total) so i leave the last 2 banks empty. will get another 2 to make up for the last 2 banks, running on win7 now and will try to install el capitan or sierra soon. just gathering information before i proceed with the install. my graphics card is amd r7 250. any tips and additional information in highly appreciated. thanks.

how do you do this, I don't have a mac to download macos sierra, I want to install it on my pc? need help

how do you do this, I don't have a mac to download macos sierra, I want to install it on my pc? need help
Most user have a friend that has a Mac or hackintosh or use a a Mac at a local school, public library or university/college. You'll have to open your own Apple Mac App Store account with a credit card to download apps; don't use your friend's account. On the other Macs (school, etc.) you may have to get permission to download Sierra and UniBeast, and then to run UniBeast.

Otherwise, you'll need to follow https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/simplest-mac-os-x-installation-guide.60255/

Be advised that we don't tolerate piracy on this forum (see the Forum's Rules). Apple only authorizes it's MAS to distribute the OS X (macOS) products.

Good Luck! Welcome to the Forum!

Last edited:
The instructions do not note the exact point or the earliest point that SIP should be disabled at. It does not even refer the the post explaining why this is important. It does not note that Multibeast partially disables this (SIP) after installation of Clover to the initial install. It dos not say if FakeSMC is to be installed with SIP completely disabled or if this is mandatory. It does not make it clear that system definition 14.2 should be chosen and what older definitions should be greyed out in Mutibeast if Sierra OS is what is being used as the base OS to install to. It does not say that it is recommended to have complete disablement of SIP before installing anything from Multibeast, rather than the partial disable which is inserted into the Plist after the bootloader Clover is installed from same. It does not say to check for SIP disablement with the Terminal command before proceeding with Kernel Extensions for LAN or Audio using Multibeast or KextBeast. Why?

Last edited:
Hello guys again, i have a new problem now after installing Mac OS X successfully on my pc.The thing is that I work with headset only (no speakers) and when it boots to Mac it needs 2-3 minutes to find the headset (razer kraken).Why is that?And also when I unplug the headset from the PC after being recognised and working ,the same thing happens after plugging the headset back again (I need to wait 2-3 mins).Anyone knows why is this?Also my motherboard is Asus h110m-k and I think I've installed the correct audio driver from multibeast (ALC 887).Thanks!

It may have to do with power management functions and or sleep, have you looked into the proper AML for your CPU? Toleda has a thread (I think?) to help with proper power management functions and has ready made AML files to add to your clover ACPI folder.

On the other hand, it may not, I know that when changing cables on monitors it takes a few seconds for the screen to get support as well.

help me::banghead::banghead:
Thank you so much for releasing this handy tools

need sound for intel HD Graphics 510 ( 192 MB / ASUS ) what should i select @tonymacx86

Anyone help me plz !. Audio: Realtek ALC887

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 6.27.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 6.27.18 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 164
Back