Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Working like a charme on my Customac Mini Deluxe with i7 4790K and GTX980. No kernel flags required (not even nv_disable!). It worked out of the box. The first boot required booting via the Unibeast stick, Uefi Clover via Multibeast did the trick then :)
I installed it over my El Capitan installation, everything was on its place ;)

Whenever i try to boot into the install macOS partition it gives me a can't perform kext scan: no kext summary. I have just created the USB and I have tried heaps of boot flags combinations.

anyone knows which audio driver should i pick with asus p8z68-v? I installed the "ALC892" but it doesn't work...
also i can boot only from usb...

Have you tried VoodooHda 2.8.8?
It was the one that worked on my MSI H110-M, but only installing without Multibeast. I had to download it myself!

For the booting issue, if you followed the steps and it's not working, check some things:

- Make sure you have a EFI partition on your HDD. If you forgot to select GUID when formating your HDD, probably your EFI partition wiil be missing.
- To check that type diskutil list on the terminal and see if there is a EFI partition on your HDD.

It says "Make sure neither 'OS X Install ESD' or 'OS X Base System' are mounted on your drive" when I try to complete step 15, when I look at my drive I see neither of those things and have tried clearing my drive multiple times without any luck.

all works perfect following the guide with gigabyte ga-h81m-s2h and nvidia gt520 .Intel core i5 haswell.thanks.

Have you tried VoodooHda 2.8.8?
It was the one that worked on my MSI H110-M, but only installing without Multibeast. I had to download it myself!
No, i haven't. I'll try it.
For the booting issue, if you followed the steps and it's not working, check some things:

- Make sure you have a EFI partition on your HDD. If you forgot to select GUID when formating your HDD, probably your EFI partition wiil be missing.
- To check that type diskutil list on the terminal and see if there is a EFI partition on your HDD.
Which steps?
Yes I've formatted in GUID and I have the EFI partition.

I have succesfully installed Sierra on my machine (H87N-wifi-I3 Haswell-HD4600). I did it using terminal commands, Clover and Multibeast.
Artheros enthernet is not recognized (the intel one is) and my Atheros bluetooth dongle has to be disconnected and reconnected in order to work (after each restart). Without Multibeast, I had USB problem (some not working) and reboot/shutdown problems.

They are some really good stuffs inside this version of Mac OS. Like Metal (a graphic engine which make everything looks more crispy), or the updated helping tool of Xcode (much more efficient), and finally (after years of waiting), the possibility to put all the folders of a finder window on the top of the list (it was a feature of OS9 if I'm right).
Allas, Xcode is sometimes crashing (playgrounds and projets) and Safari is crashing the all machine (freeze) if it tries to open a flash movie. I don't think it is only me, or is it?

All my wishes of success for the future. May the force be with you forever.

Yeah, I for one have gone back to El Capitan, too many issues. Maybe Sierra will mature with time, I'll try again then.. for now it feels like a version I'll be happy to skip over :)

Good luck to those keeping at it.

please help!
anyone encountered this after booting to sierra installer on clover boot menu? is this normal and the install process is still taking place? should i wait for for some time?

sorry photo is upside down dont know why everytime i upload this happens..
image.jpg

Thanks for the guide. My system is up and running. Zero issues once I got passed some boot issues I ran into in clover.

Worked great on my GA z97x gaming 7 mobo.
Used your Unibeast, Multibeast for OS X Sierra.
Everything seems to work fine for several days now. Only odd thing was that I experienced a hard freeze of the computer upon going to the yahoo.com home page and signing in using Safari. Ugh! The reset button did nothing. Had to turn off power to restart. OS X 10.11 never did that. Unfortunately, it's been easily reproducible. So... I guess I'll just stay away from yahoo. Every other Safari page I've visited seems fine.

Time to donate! You guys and your tools are great. Thanks!

Back