Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Is this working without many bugs? Im still on yosemite and debating upgrading? Should i go to El Capitan or Sierra? Or just stay on yosemite?
Sierra works well

Hi guys I'm fairly new to hackies but quick question.

I have an asrock z170 itx/ac, i5 6500, 8gb ram and an amd r7 265. when i setup my smbios do i still choose a 14,2 machine or should i choose the 17,1 skylake model. i just wanna make sure to get things right so iMessage works properly n what not

thanks guys

Hi guys I'm fairly new to hackies but quick question.

I have an asrock z170 itx/ac, i5 6500, 8gb ram and an amd r7 265. when i setup my smbios do i still choose a 14,2 machine or should i choose the 17,1 skylake model. i just wanna make sure to get things right so iMessage works properly n what not

thanks guys
Start out with the iMac14,2 (which is the MultiBeast for Sierra default) until 1) you are successfully running Sierra, and 2) you done your due diligence WRT understanding the implications of changing from the iMac14,2. pastrychef's Gene build description documents his comparison between iMac14,2 vs iMac 17,1. (Scroll down 80% of the original post for the comparison.) YMMV.

BTW, I'm using the iMac14,2 on all my systems from the 7-series motherboards to the 100 series motherboards. I also use the power management SSDT for those system. (More advanced...for now.)

Start out with the iMac14,2 (which is the MultiBeast for Sierra default) until 1) you are successfully running Sierra, and 2) you done your due diligence WRT understanding the implications of changing from the iMac14,2. pastrychef's Gene build description documents his comparison between iMac14,2 vs iMac 17,1. (Scroll down 80% of the original post for the comparison.) YMMV.

BTW, I'm using the iMac14,2 on all my systems from the 7-series motherboards to the 100 series motherboards. I also use the power management SSDT for those system. (More advanced...for now.)

Thanks for the info. I’ve gotten the install to work probably and I get to the desktop but my problem was with the iMessage fix. I’m pretty sure I messed up and blacklisted an Apple ID so I’ll make another one. But which is the most comprehensive guide out that’s the most recent. All the guides I’ve seen have sight variations in them and I don’t want to have to make another Apple ID if I don’t have too lol

See the following:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-7-troubleshooting-notes.203153/

If the above thread does not offer up a solution, see
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-failure-reporting.85364/
and open a thread in the UniBeast forum section.
FWIW: I had the same problem, and went from an 8 GB USB to a 16 GB, just to get the extra margin of space. And then, I also inserted the drive into the USB port of the MacBook Pro rather than using an external USB multi-port hub. Cannot say what made the difference....

I've seen that you moved my question on the laptop section, but I forgot to tell you that I trying to instal it on my alienware aurora r4 that is a desktop. The pc that you see in my signature it's my second pc where I've already installed osx. Then I think that now you can move my previous question back. :)

Thanks you

I've seen that you moved my question on the laptop section, but I forgot to tell you that I trying to instal it on my alienware aurora r4 that is a desktop. The pc that you see in my signature it's my second pc where I've already installed osx. Then I think that now you can move my previous question back. :)

Thanks you
Then update your Profile System components and signature block as per the Forum's Rules & Policies.

Your referenced post is now in the Sierra Desktop Support forum section. This thread is not a Help Thread.

Then update your Profile System components and signature block as per the Forum's Rules & Policies.

Your referenced post is now in the Sierra Desktop Support forum section. This thread is not a Help Thread.
I did it

Is this possible to build a USB key to install Mac OS Sierra, but without having a Mac at the first place, and from Windows 10 ?
Is Unibeast or Clover or anything similar downloadable and usable under Windows 10 ?
I have already downloaded Mac OS Sierra.
Or maybe is it possible to build a DVD from Windows 10, in order to install Mac OS Sierra ?
But then what about the options for drivers etc... to have them in the DVD ?

Back