Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I am running 10.12.5 on a late 2012 iMac, and in App Store or any route through Support I end up at a page for macOS Sierra which only offers Open, Copy link, Tell a friend, Share on Twitter, Share to Facebook. I want to download the installer and use it to make a bootable installer using UniBeast.

The options on Apple's page all link back to the Open page, which leads into download as part of a standard Apple installation.

Whether I'm missing something obvious or not, please help.

Oops! Thought I had trashed and emptied all versions but I had missed one in a backup! Sorry!

@WedgeTail Have you looked for Sierra under the Purchased tab ? If you have previously downloaded Sierra and it is still somewhere on your Mac you'd need to delete it first, even from the trash before you can re-download.

I have installed Sierra but on reboot after using MultiBeast I am unable to boot without using the USB stick and also no sound..have tried reinstalling and get same results..any assistance is appreciated.
I have the same problem you described last September. How did you fix the two problems?
Thanks!

Tried installing it couple times. As much as all my hardware seemed to work correctly, it was just buggy especially when using MS office accessing files from a NAS. Would completely lock up and had to reboot. Went back to El Capitain, things are great again.

So maybe its been discussed but I eventually found the issue, my Synology required an update in regards to AFP file sharing with Sierra. Life is good again..

This guide is great, but, i do not have a Mac system to make the bootable multibeast and so on. what should i do?

This guide is great, but, i do not have a Mac system to make the bootable multibeast and so on. what should i do?
borrow one

This guide is awesome...and site. Got my i7-7700k 4.2ghz overclocked to 5ghz AORUS z270x GAMING K7 GTX1060 using Sound over HDMI to my 4k TV/Monitor (30hz). The system seems to be working perfectly now after a couple of bumps in the road early on. The motherboard made it a no-brainer to go from 4.2ghz to 5 and the Corsair H60 keeps it cool. Haven't seen any CPU temps above 78c even doing Cinebench. GeekBench scores are 6259 single and 21720 Multi-Core. The screen shot is one at 4.2ghz clock and another after reboot and using the BIOS "Advanced voltage" menu to choose a 5ghz i7-7700 CPU setting. It usually just idling along at 30c temp wise.
I am so happy with this system now. Apple stuff is so restricted (hardware) that I refuse to buy it anymore as I can't upgrade it at all. Now I have Mac OS and a system I can upgrade. FinalCutPro is usable and snappy. even iMessage is working. Only odd thing is the USB3 hub if I plug some USB3 external HD the drive doesn't spin up. But I'm sure it's just a kext away but everything is working so stable I don't want to mess with it anymore.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 12.04.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 12.04.46 PM.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 12.08.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 12.08.28 PM.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 196
I have a build that was put together several years ago. It is currently running on a dual boot with Leopard 10.6.4 and Windows 7. I am wondering at this point if it would be better to just start from scratch with the hardware I have or try to upgrade to Sierra and Windows 10 or if it is even possible to upgrade to these given the components I am using. Is it possible to do a clean install of Sierra and Windows 10 on my current system and how difficult would this be?

Here are some specs on the PC.

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 1.86 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B02
SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

10.6.4 Leopard
Windows 7 dual boot

I also have some older components that I would like to retain, such as a firewire card and would like to update the CD RW to a Blue Ray player and burner.

Maybe it would even be possible to upgrade the memory board and processor and use a lot of the current components?

I have never built a hackintosh before as this was built some years ago by a friend of mine who I have fallen out of contact with. I do have experience in putting together PC's and adding components, but this would be either the fist upgrade or build of a hackintosh. What would be the best route to go? Start from scratch and follow a new build with new components or can I upgrade with what I currently have? Any suggestions or on where to start would be helpful.

@eflynn, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

macOS Sierra supports only CPUs with SSE4 support.

stupid question: how can I create a UniBeast USB-Stick with 10.12.4? can't get the older version in the app store, but want to "downgrade" from 10.12.5....

Back