Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Well it didn't recognize that usb drive so i tried another one. But now I cant erase the hard drive, it gives me the error:
"Disk erase failed with error: Couldn't open device"

Any help?
Try again - The new Disk Utility often fails at the first attempt and then succeeds at the second.
Format it GUID not MBR.

Try again - The new Disk Utility often fails at the first attempt and then succeeds at the second.
Format it GUID not MBR.
I've done it a couple times it ends up giving me the same error. Could any of you link a thread where I could get some help?

I've done it a couple times it ends up giving me the same error. Could any of you link a thread where I could get some help?
Crazy as it may seem, for problems with UniBeast you should post in the UniBeast forum.
Read the Troubleshooting Notes first and pay attention to the Failure Reporting instructions.

There is no forum dedicated to formatting USB flash drives though - Try another one.

Can't get passed the black screen with white Apple when trying to get into the installer. Any recommendations?

Can't get passed the black screen with white Apple when trying to get into the installer. Any recommendations?
Yes, this is a Guide not a help thread although you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise.
Start a new thread of your own in Sierra Desktop Support.

Also, please read and comply with the rules :
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Yes, this is a Guide not a help thread although you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise.
Start a new thread of your own in Sierra Desktop Support.

Also, please read and comply with the rules :

Sorry about that! Just started today. I will take a look at the rules and get my junk posted in the right place.

Same issue here. Any thoughts from my - v log cats below??

Attachments

• IMG_0713.JPG
    IMG_0713.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0720.JPG
    IMG_0720.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 188
Back