Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

started new thread for start up help

Last edited:
I have tried twice now to boot from the USB and both times upon start up the status bar gets hung up about 9/10ths of the way to finish line.

I am upgrading from El Capitan to Sierra so I can install my GTX1070 which I bought too early and have waited till now for the drivers to be available.

This is my first Hackintosh and I also have a mac mini I am using as my main desktop and this Intel one is being used exclusively for running large CAD files and handling renderings, no audio or anything except internet. So I am out of my depth here to be sure but under El Capitan all was pretty stable.

I've installed the card and downloaded the driver but stuck on the instructions to load Sierra which I followed as close as possible except there were a few items that didn't show up in the process so I couldn't do the following:
1) Formatting for the USB did not offer up the Scheme option to select
2) The Recommended BIOS options were also not available or I don't know how to access them

I used a know (marked) USB 2.0 port on the second try of the install but it was in a port I wasn't sure of on the first try.

The screen that gets locked up also has the little beach ball in the upper left corner; frozen the first time around and spinning on the second try. Other things that cropped up after installing the new card is that my second monitor is not being recognized.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
i7 6700 4.0Ghz
SSD 850 1Tb
GTX 1070
16mb RAM
This isn't a help thread

Please create a new thread in the relevant forum > Sierra Desktop Support forum section.

i have hp laptop with 5th gen i3 processor with 8 GB Ram ,1 TB HD and 2 GB graphics card ,Can i install mac os x sierra in my laptop

i have hp laptop with 5th gen i3 processor with 8 GB Ram ,1 TB HD and 2 GB graphics card ,Can i install mac os x sierra in my laptop
This is a Desktop Support forum - For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant Laptop Compatibility forum.

bluetooth support Clover/BIOS. My bluetooth keyboard/mouse not working in BIOS and Clover Any help Please ? was working before i change my config.plist.

bluetooth support Clover/BIOS. My bluetooth keyboard/mouse not working in BIOS and Clover Any help Please ? was working before i change my config.plist.
I easy fixed it, just moved the bluetooth to the USB port 2.0 "black", do not put it in USB port 3.0 "blue". DONE

Hello everyone! I am a novice in this world and I apologize for my inability. I followed the procedure, but at the time of installation everything crashes on the apple screen with the loading bar below. Seeing my hardware components, what was wrong with me? Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! I am a novice in this world and I apologize for my inability. I followed the procedure, but at the time of installation everything crashes on the apple screen with the loading bar below. Seeing my hardware components, what was wrong with me? Thanks in advance!
This isn't a help thread. I recommend you create a new thread in the Sierra Desktop Support forum section.

STEP 4: Install macOS Sierra
You're almost done! All you need to do is boot from the USB drive and install! For best results, insert the USB in a USB 2.0 port.

4. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot Mac OS X from USB
When I select this the screen turns black and nothing happens, help?

Back