Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

3.09 GHz Intel Core i5,
INTEL DH77KC
12 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2048 MB
is my Configuration.. is it enough to upgrade 10.13? or 10.12.6?

look this.

My Hackintosh was running OSX Sierra great, but then I stupidly plugged in an external USB hard drive while the system was still booting up and now I can no longer get into the bootloader screen. I thought I had a fully bootable backup on an external HD, but when I tried to boot off of it, I similarly could not get to the bootloader screen to appear . . . just a blank screen, so frustrating.

So I need to reinstall the OS. I want to reinstall OSX Sierra instead of a newer OS because I have some older programs that will not run on OSX Catalina.

I have tried unsuccessfully to use Unibeast (two different versions, for the operating system I'm trying to install) to make a Bootable USB stick to run OSX High Sierra and OSX Sierra. Each time Unibeast is not able to 'find' the OS Install disk image. I think something may have changed in how Apple packages the installs. if I recall, the disk image used to place a 'CD' image on your desktop when you opened it. Now, when I open the disk image, there is a .pkg file inside, and it seems that Unibeast doesn't recognize that as the OS Install.

If this has been addressed previously, can someone direct me to that thread? Any help would be greatly appreciated - i've lost access to all my photos and music and many documents.

Can someone help me, mine's stuck at Apple Logo progress bar, my usb have a activity LED and it doesn't blink after 30 secs.

Can someone help me, mine's stuck at Apple Logo progress bar, my usb have a activity LED and it doesn't blink after 30 secs.

Hi there.

When you initially get to the Clover menu on your UniBeast USB, press the Spacebar to bring up a menu. From this select "Verbose" mode (-v boot command). Then Return. Now you will get a scrolling scren of text when you boot and it will stop where the system stops. Capture this and upload so we can check.

You will then need your own thread to work through the problem as this is a "Guide" etc. :thumbup:

:)

My Hackintosh was running OSX Sierra great, but then I stupidly plugged in an external USB hard drive while the system was still booting up and now I can no longer get into the bootloader screen. I thought I had a fully bootable backup on an external HD, but when I tried to boot off of it, I similarly could not get to the bootloader screen to appear . . . just a blank screen, so frustrating.

So I need to reinstall the OS. I want to reinstall OSX Sierra instead of a newer OS because I have some older programs that will not run on OSX Catalina.

I have tried unsuccessfully to use Unibeast (two different versions, for the operating system I'm trying to install) to make a Bootable USB stick to run OSX High Sierra and OSX Sierra. Each time Unibeast is not able to 'find' the OS Install disk image. I think something may have changed in how Apple packages the installs. if I recall, the disk image used to place a 'CD' image on your desktop when you opened it. Now, when I open the disk image, there is a .pkg file inside, and it seems that Unibeast doesn't recognize that as the OS Install.

If this has been addressed previously, can someone direct me to that thread? Any help would be greatly appreciated - i've lost access to all my photos and music and many documents.
I'm having the same issue, I cannot make a new USB installer because of this.

Back