Motherboard
MSI H97 GAMING 3
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600 & GTX 650 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there, it has been a long time since I write here. This time is for desktop. I'm planning to dual boot with Windows 10 and MacOS Mojave. I have 3 drives, 2 SATA 3 SSD, one for Win and one for MacOS and a HDD that I use for storage.

Here's my full specs:
MSI H97 GAMING 3 Intel H97 Express (Intel 9 Series) - Intel Core i5-4690 - Intel HD 4600 & MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti PE O.C. - Kingston HyperX Savage DDR3 1600 MHz Memory 8 GB (4x2 Kit) - Kingston Savage 240 GB SHSS37A 2.5" SATA 3.0 SSD (2X, 1 for Win10, 1 for MacOS) - Sony SDM-HS75P 5:4 1280x1024 LCD Monitor - Logitech K380 Keyboard & Anywhere Mouse MX WiFi (Share the same WiFi USB Adapter)

The questions I have:
1. I also have AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card that I used on my laptop. Since my laptop has gone I have the card. Is it possible to plug this card to my board and have compatible WiFi and Bluetooth?

2. Should I unplug my Windows SSD and storage HDD during the installation? Boot probably will be on my Windows SSD so maybe I shouldn't?

3. LCD monitor I have is a bit old, 17 inch, 5:4 aspect ratio and has 1280x1024 resolution. Do you think I have any issues with this resolution?

4. Any news on Avoiding APFS conversion? I read that it's forced with Mojave and one needs CCC to revert back to HFS+J. Is it ok to use APFS now?

5. I have Logitech WiFi keyboard and mouse and I set them up to use 1 USB adapter only. Do you think I have any issues using this set up during MacOS install?

6. Will there be any negative effect on my current Windows install when disable VT-d, CFG-Lock, Secure Boot Mode and set OS Type to Other OS?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, is there anyone help me out? It has been almost 20 days since I've posted and waiting for an answer.

Thanks!

2. Should I unplug my Windows SSD and storage HDD during the installation? Boot probably will be on my Windows SSD so maybe I shouldn't?

I'd recommend to unplug all drives except the one you are installing MacOS on and have Clover on that drive. Window's will show up on Clover when you plug the Windows drive back in.

6. Will there be any negative effect on my current Windows install when disable VT-d, CFG-Lock, Secure Boot Mode and set OS Type to Other OS?

No. No negative effects.

Hi there, it has been a long time since I write here. This time is for desktop. I'm planning to dual boot with Windows 10 and MacOS Mojave. I have 3 drives, 2 SATA 3 SSD, one for Win and one for MacOS and a HDD that I use for storage.

Here's my full specs:
MSI H97 GAMING 3 Intel H97 Express (Intel 9 Series) - Intel Core i5-4690 - Intel HD 4600 & MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti PE O.C. - Kingston HyperX Savage DDR3 1600 MHz Memory 8 GB (4x2 Kit) - Kingston Savage 240 GB SHSS37A 2.5" SATA 3.0 SSD (2X, 1 for Win10, 1 for MacOS) - Sony SDM-HS75P 5:4 1280x1024 LCD Monitor - Logitech K380 Keyboard & Anywhere Mouse MX WiFi (Share the same WiFi USB Adapter)

The questions I have:
1. I also have AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card that I used on my laptop. Since my laptop has gone I have the card. Is it possible to plug this card to my board and have compatible WiFi and Bluetooth?

3. LCD monitor I have is a bit old, 17 inch, 5:4 aspect ratio and has 1280x1024 resolution. Do you think I have any issues with this resolution?

4. Any news on Avoiding APFS conversion? I read that it's forced with Mojave and one needs CCC to revert back to HFS+J. Is it ok to use APFS now?

5. I have Logitech WiFi keyboard and mouse and I set them up to use 1 USB adapter only. Do you think I have any issues using this set up during MacOS install?

Thanks!

(4) It is pointless to try to avoid APFS conversion with Mojave. Even if you manage to do it (like I did previously), you may find that applications may not run correctly when Mojave boots from a HFS volume. In my case, after cloning the Mojave install to a HFS volume, I found that Safari simply refused to work and locked up. To put it simply, Mojave requires booting from an APFS volume.

(4) It is pointless to try to avoid APFS conversion with Mojave. Even if you manage to do it (like I did previously), you may find that applications may not run correctly when Mojave boots from a HFS volume. In my case, after cloning the Mojave install to a HFS volume, I found that Safari simply refused to work and locked up. To put it simply, Mojave requires booting from an APFS volume.
Thanks for the reply. I also see that you have GTX 650 Ti in your Ivy Build. Do you have any issues with Mojave or Catalina with that card?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I also see that you have GTX 650 Ti in your Ivy Build. Do you have any issues with Mojave or Catalina with that card?

Thanks!

I can't answer with Catalina since I have no intention of installing and running Catalina so soon after the OS release. It won't be until mid-2020 at the earliest.

Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103, Supplemental Update 2) runs successfully on my Ivy Build. However, I have no idea whether it may causes problems in other applications, as I have not tested it. It is well known that 6 series Kepler cards like GTX 660 and GTX 660 Ti have graphics glitches problems in High Sierra (and probably Mojave), and the same may be true for the GTX 650 Ti.

I can't answer with Catalina since I have no intention of installing and running Catalina so soon after the OS release. It won't be until mid-2020 at the earliest.

Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103, Supplemental Update 2) runs successfully on my Ivy Build. However, I have no idea whether it may causes problems in other applications, as I have not tested it. It is well known that 6 series Kepler cards like GTX 660 and GTX 660 Ti have graphics glitches problems in High Sierra (and probably Mojave), and the same may be true for the GTX 650 Ti.
Installing Lilu and Whatevergreen is enough to make the card detected and run smoothly on Mojave then, right? I'll also avoid Catalina for some time too. Even real Mac users having issues with some photo/video and music editing software, so better stick with Mojave ATM.

In addition, have you turned TRIM On with APFS?

Last edited:
Installing Lilu and Whatevergreen is enough to make the card detected and run smoothly on Mojave then, right? I'll also avoid Catalina for some time too. Even real Mac users having issues with some photo/video and music editing software, so better stick with Mojave ATM.

In addition, have you turned TRIM On with APFS?

Actually, the Kepler cards are natively supported on Mojave, so you don't need Lilu and WhateverGreen.

The Ivy machine is not my main machine and I don't have a SSD in that machine. Mojave on that machine is run from a mechanical hard disk.

Actually, the Kepler cards are natively supported on Mojave, so you don't need Lilu and WhateverGreen.

I'm confused now. Vanilla GPU Buyers Guide says the opposite.
So if my GPU is natively supported, why do i need Lilu and WhateverGreen?

This is a question comes up quite a bit in the Hackintosh community, and for good reason as to why in the world would these GPUs work out of the box on a mac and not a Hackintosh? Well, the reason being is that PCs and Macs have different internal wiring and so the ACPI layouts in a PC don't work well with Macs in different scenarios. To get around this, we use WhateverGreen and it's companion Lilu to patch different parts of our Hackintosh like renaming devices, assisting in framebuffer connections, patching audio connectors, allowing modifications to aty_config, aty_properties, cail_properties via ACPI and so much more. With such a large feature set and developed by someone who knows what they're doing, there's no reason not to use it.

I'm confused now. Vanilla GPU Buyers Guide says the opposite.

What I mean is, if your purpose is to get the system up and running with a natively supported GPU it should not be necessary to use them. But, as that article says they may serve other purposes for you.

On my main system with a RX 580, I don't need to use them when running High Sierra and Mojave. The graphics card works without them. Of course, Lilu may be necessary for other purposes (such as enabling audio via AppleALC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back