Contribute
Register

"macOS could not be installed on your computer..." Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I get to Step 5 in the tonymac86 Installation Guide, the next thing that happens, I get "macOS could not be installed on your computer - An error occurred while loading the installer resources"

1. When the installer asks you where to install, choose Mojave
  2. Upon completion, the system will automatically restart.
  3. Press the hotkey to choose boot device (F12 for Gigabyte motherboards, F8 for ASUS motherboards, F11 for ASrock motherboards)
  4. Choose USB
  5. At the Boot Screen, choose Mojave
  6. Complete macOS installation. The system will automatically reboot.

Everything seems to go exactly right until this point.

Last edited:
When I get to number 5, the next thing that happens, I get "macOS could not be installed on your computer - An error occurred while loading the installer resources"

1. When the installer asks you where to install, choose Mojave
  2. Upon completion, the system will automatically restart.
  3. Press the hotkey to choose boot device (F12 for Gigabyte motherboards, F8 for ASUS motherboards, F11 for ASrock motherboards)
  4. Choose USB
  5. At the Boot Screen, choose Mojave
  6. Complete macOS installation. The system will automatically reboot.

Everything seems to go exactly right until this point.

That happened the same to me and Pastrychef helped me a lot with these two files.

Check that message:

There is a zip file with two files that I copied to my mojave instal USB Flashdrive in the EFI Partition. If your build is like mine give it a try. Erase your USB Installer EFI´s partition and copy those folders in it. its another version of clover with the Kexts needed to work with mine. Other than that I don't know what else Pastrychef did. Should you have further problems contact him, I'm sure he´ll be a good help.

What is your computer build?

I hope that helps you.

PS Sorry Pilgrim this post might not be in the right place but I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back