Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Mojave on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I decided to upgrade from High Sierra 10.13.6 after switching Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti to Radeon 580 RX. No troubles changing the GPU cards and no troubles at all installing Mojave 10.14 and then finally upgrading to 10.14.4.
I didn't expect a so smooth changement: no pain at all, fantastic!
Everything seems to work perfectly. Unbelievable.
Bye
Rommy

Hi all,

I'm currently running osx 10.6.8 and am thinking about going all out and downloading and installing Mojave. Based on the install guide for Mojave, will Mojave install on my current system configuration without any complications? Are there any possible issues to watch out for?

Thanks in advance,

Hi all,

I'm currently running osx 10.6.8 and am thinking about going all out and downloading and installing Mojave. Based on the install guide for Mojave, will Mojave install on my current system configuration without any complications? Are there any possible issues to watch out for?
Thanks in advance,
I wouldn't try upgrading to Mojave, it won't work. Download El Capitan first. Install that and then get High Sierra.

OS X El Capitan - Technical Specifications
General Requirements
  • OS X v10.6.8 or later
  • 2GB of memory
  • 8.8GB of available storage

You could then make a High Sierra Unibeast installer and try a clean install. Your graphics card and CPU should work with Sierra or HS but won't with Mojave. Due to the age of the components.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. That's what I want to hear. What I think I'll do is download both sierra and high sierra and start with high sierra. If that doesn't work, I'll do sierra.

In researching the e8600, what do I need to focus on with respect to high sierra?

Thanks,

In researching the e8600, what do I need to focus on with respect to high sierra?
I think it works with HS with no tweaking. Mojave would require a workaround. Since your GPU won't work in Mojave just go with High Sierra.

Thanks for the info. Now I know what I'm doing this weekend. Will report back on my progress as soon as I something to report!!!

Thanks,

thanks man you are the best

I think this is the best MacOS ever done. The picture I have on the screen has never been better.

Back