Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Every attempt to download <High Sierra or Mojave> Apple Store replies that my mac is not compatible. Last night I was able to download an OSX Sierra installer file from AppleStore. Can I install Sierra and then from the new machine download or upgrade to High Sierra or Mojave?
Thank you so much
View attachment 428330View attachment 428331

Here is the link to download high sierra, i hope is good for you.
Get macOS High Sierra

Last edited:
Im stuck on apple logo after clicking install MacOS from macos high sierra

Attachments

• 1591353760550434784544809320801.jpg
    1591353760550434784544809320801.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:
I have a question regarding the BIOS settings described in step 3. Are those settings only for the installation process or do they need to stay that way each time I boot MacOS? I currently have windows 10 installed on one drive and intend to install MacOS on a second separate drive. I just want to know if I will have to change BIOS settings every time I switch?

I have a question regarding the BIOS settings described in step 3. Are those settings only for the installation process or do they need to stay that way each time I boot MacOS? I currently have windows 10 installed on one drive and intend to install MacOS on a second separate drive. I just want to know if I will have to change BIOS settings every time I switch?
You don't have to once to correctly install MacOS after finishing install BIOS should remains the same as the first time you change them

Right. But I use some of those bios features on my windows drive. Also, another issue. Unibeast seems to hang at installing boot loader for an ungodly amount of time. The guide says ~10 minutes, I have waited much longer. All the hits from google involve older systems and older drives. Not sure what to try next

Right. But I use some of those bios features on my windows drive. Also, another issue. Unibeast seems to hang at installing boot loader for an ungodly amount of time. The guide says ~10 minutes, I have waited much longer. All the hits from google involve older systems and older drives. Not sure what to try next

Hi there.

The BIOS settings are intended to be permanent. For example disabling the Serial Port, or SuperIO is necessary or macOS will not boot. XHCI Handoff Enabled, or you may only see USB 2 ports etc.

Dual booting with Windows does present limitations.

As for your UniBeast problem, check you are using a stick with less than 32GB memory. If more, then partition it smaller. Build time can vary. Twenty minutes is common. More than thirty is not.

:)

Used Unibeast to make my bootable flash drive, boots into clover boot loader perfectly, however, once I select the installation for MacOS, it goes to a black screen with an apple and just hangs there. Help!

Update: I was able to get the installer to load, however, the loading bar fills up then doesn’t go any further. I’m using an AMD Radeon RX460, i9-9900K and an MSI Z370 mobo.

image.jpg

Back