Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Can't find anything about "The recovery server could not be connected".
Absolutely clean installation, all was done referring to the instruction.

Any ideas? Thx!

--------------------

I had this. But repeating the process with network cable plugged in (and network/internet available) solved it

NEED HELP!!! Finished the Hackintosh build of a G4 Quicksilver case but I am now stuck on the High Sierra Installation.
The USB is recognized and the OS starts loading but then it gets stuck on the apple logo with half of the progress bar and the circle progress bars (see below).
My set up is ASUS Z370G, Nvidia 1060 OC 6GB, I7-8700K, 16GB RIPJAWS V.
Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
IMG_0609.JPG

NEED HELP!!! Finished the Hackintosh build of a G4 Quicksilver case but I am now stuck on the High Sierra Installation.
The USB is recognized and the OS starts loading but then it gets stuck on the apple logo with half of the progress bar and the circle progress bars (see below).
My set up is ASUS Z370G, Nvidia 1060 OC 6GB, I7-8700K, 16GB RIPJAWS V.
Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
View attachment 319872

Did you followed this?

STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings
If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Here are standard AMI UEFI BIOS settings for Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS, Gigabyte AWARD BIOS, ASUS AMI UEFI BIOS, and MSI AMI UEFI BIOS.

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
10. Save and exit.

Excellent guide.

10.13.3. Everything is working.

Thanks, OP.

Did you followed this?

STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings
If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Here are standard AMI UEFI BIOS settings for Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS, Gigabyte AWARD BIOS, ASUS AMI UEFI BIOS, and MSI AMI UEFI BIOS.

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
10. Save and exit.

Yes, I was missing a step. After resetting everything up to factory settings I did follow step by step and as of now i am finishing the install, Thanks for the help!!!

Yes, I was missing a step. After resetting everything up to factory settings I did follow step by step and as of now i am finishing the install, Thanks for the help!!!

You're welcome! ) I'm glad you did it!

Can you guide be how to do that? this is my first hackitosh.

This is not a guide, only an experience. The Clover\drivers64UEFI\ (OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix), choose one of them. I used the last one, as usual, to enter the installation interface, but erasing disk with APFS instead of 'extended log'. I successfully entered the system with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and NVRAM.plist still in. In addition a single hard disk in my case.:)

Hello,

I can reach the beginning of point 4, then I click on the external drive, then the Mac logo appears with a loading bar and after a few minutes, a circle with a cross on the inside is displayed and I can not do anything and I have to stop my laptop. Can someone help me?

Hello,

I can reach the beginning of point 4, then I click on the external drive, then the Mac logo appears with a loading bar and after a few minutes, a circle with a cross on the inside is displayed and I can not do anything and I have to stop my laptop. Can someone help me?
For laptop support, post in High Sierra laptop support if that is what you are trying to install.

Back