Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Can't find anything about "The recovery server could not be connected".
Absolutely clean installation, all was done referring to the instruction.

Any ideas? Thx!

Any ideas? Thx!
That says a lot about your search skills.
Put the kext for your network interface into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on the EFI partition of your USB installer.
Ensure that your system clock is set to the correct date/time.

Hint : Do not post for help in a guide thread - Start a new thread of your own in High Sierra Desktop Support.

After installation (steps 10, 11, 12), I reboot from "high sierra" disk and get the following error:
/system/installation/packages/osinstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged'

Any help on this one?
Sorry for my poor English, but some of my experiences may help you. I tried to reinstall HIGH SIERRA with APFS (using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in driver64uefi), The difference is, I changed OsxAptioFixDrv-64 with AptioMemoryFix. have a try, good luck!

Installed with all updates, everything seems to work fine. It's slowish to boot, but runs fairly stable on my antiquated hardware. One thing I did run up against, is that apfs.efi needed to be put in the drivers64uefi folder, otherwise clover won't see boot option for High Sierra.

*EDIT*
Had too many freezing issues, so reinstalled without apfs.
What works;
  • iMessage
  • FaceTime
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi
  • USB
  • Airdrop (after realising you have to have your iPhone open :banghead:)
  • Sound
What doesn't;
  • Continuity and Handoff
  • Sleep

Last edited:
I also get this message after the first reboot: /system/installation/packages/osinstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged

Any ideas for this?

EDIT: (Problem solved)

It seems to be fixed since i removed my GTX1080 and all my other Drives from my Computer, not choose any Graphics parameter in UniBeast and rebuilt the USB Stick like 5 times... Impatience at its best :-D

Last edited:
I also get this message after the first reboot: /system/installation/packages/osinstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged

Any ideas for this?

EDIT: (Problem solved)

It seems to be fixed since i removed my GTX1080 and all my other Drives from my Computer, not choose any Graphics parameter in UniBeast and rebuilt the USB Stick like 5 times... Impatience at its best :-D

You mean u remove your gpu from the motherboard & it fix the problem? i too have this problem :(

Sorry for my poor English, but some of my experiences may help you. I tried to reinstall HIGH SIERRA with APFS (using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in driver64uefi), The difference is, I changed OsxAptioFixDrv-64 with AptioMemoryFix. have a try, good luck!

Can you guide be how to do that? this is my first hackitosh.

Any ideas? Thx!

If you are only on Wifi you need to connect to the wifi on the top right corner.

Loved this guide - followed through with links and HP Compaq 6300 pro (With GT710) and it all worked also using another guide on TonyMacX86. WORKS! FAB!
(set BIOS to all UEFI and no legacy - and used MultiBeast to sort network, sound and Mac ID :eek:)

[ps: I can't change the info on mt TMx86 login, to show the new second hand gear I bought...]

Last edited:
Back