Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

So, after a long time of crashing my macOS Sierra install, and just using my Windows side, I've decided to give it another try. I'm have the USB ready to go, but on the guide it says I need to plug the USB into a USB 2.0. What if you don't have one, like I do? It worked before for me? Why the change? I'm going to move forward anyways, but I am just wondering.

Thanks for your replies!

Last edited:
I am getting BSD process name corresponding to current thread unknown and attempting system restart Mac reboot error macOS not loading on this config.plist file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.4 KB · Views: 214
First time unibeast user, long time mac user. Haven't attempted to build a hackintosh since early 2006, so my learning curve is pretty steep. On my macbook, I have tried to create the boot media, and unibeast is failing with "There was an error creating your unibeast drive: Couldn't copy apfs.efi to destination EFI folder". Log output is below:
Code:
10/24/17 21:18:13 - Starting UniBeast 8.0.0-20171024
10/24/17 21:18:38 - Copying Files...
10/24/17 21:26:46 - Installing Bootloader...
10/24/17 21:26:51 - Attaching Base System...
10/24/17 21:26:51 - Copying apfs.efi...
10/24/17 21:26:52 - Couldn't copy apfs.efi to destination ESP folder

I have rebooted, reformatted, and tried again with the same issue. Brand new 16gb sandisk thumb drive. Ideas?

Thanks

The reason is because you have to format with GUI.

I’m stuck when I select install macOS, I click the continue button which then greys out but nothing happens it just seems to hang. The mouse still responds and I can select other options. Mobo z170 gaming, i5 6500, rx480. Note that I have tried this with integrated and dedicated gpu and have the same issue. I was able to format the hdd in disk utility ready for macOS install.

I have an issue trying boot first time. I used 2 different USB and appears the message insert a properly boot an restart, what can i do?

I can't seem to get UniBeast to create a boot USB.

It says, "Select Mac OS X Installer is Incomplete: Your selected Mac OS X Installer is the partial installer and doesn't contain everything that UniBeast needs to work correctly"

I have noticed the Installer is only 21MB is size and it only took a few seconds to download from the app store. It seems That the OS package image of the OS is missing.

I tried just installing High Sierra directly to my 64GB USB and I see an InstallESDDmg.pkg file with 4.71GB in size. This sounds like the missing file. Can I move this file somewhere?

I already tried the Terminal method yesterday with similar results of no valid OS.

I's appreciate any help
-=Mark=-

After installation (steps 10, 11, 12), I reboot from "high sierra" disk and get the following error:
/system/installation/packages/osinstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged'

Any help on this one?

I'm on the same boat. Any ideas?

At step 4.9 of the guide I get the following message when trying to execute the No-Convert script in Terminal from the HS installer: "No volumes with /macOS Install Data/minstallconfig.xml found, exiting". Any suggestions? Thanks.

4790k, Asus Maximus Impact VII, Onboard Graphics. Unibeast thumb drive is plugged into USB 2.0 slot.

Back