Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

You are lucky guy, i must be wrong somewhere, intel quick sync HW acceleration not working in my case., but thanks for replay.
create a new thread in the relevant forum and upload your config.plist for starters, someone may be able to help or point you in the right direction :)

create a new thread in the relevant forum and upload your config.plist for starters, someone may be able to help or point you in the right direction :)
ok , you can delete mys post, i will try post it elsewhere, anyway thanks for info about yours hd 530 quick sync work, its inspiration for me searching solution.

edit:
i find solution: switch internal igfx in bios as first, after boot in system acceleration still not working, but after move my dock from display which is on nvidia to display which is on intel hd 530 acceleration start working !!!

Bih Tkanks to feartech moderator who inspired me !!!

Big Thanks to moderator feartech who inspired me.

IMG_0398.jpg qs.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone used Unibeast to get a working High Sierra on a legacy-only BIOS board?

I know my P7P55D-E-Pro (w/Marvell and J-Micron SATA controllers) is gettin' long in the tooth, but she runs Sierra flawlessly and I've just overcloked my i5-750 to 3.6GHz, so she's no slouch (EDIT: tried HS intall prior to overclocking).

Upgrading directly from Sierra, I got the dreaded "prohibited" sign when rebooting to the installer, with a -v error that the system was waiting for root device. As far as I can tell, that's related to either USB (I disabled USB 3.0 with no luck) or my SATA controllers.

From my reading, those with legacy-only BIOS's are out of luck with respect to High Sierra, but I am wondering if Unibeast has worked around this?

I have a very old motherboard (GA-G41MT-S2PT with a Core2Quad 3.0 ghz) with BIOS and I did both: Upgrade and clean install with success both times.

Great post! Finally able to get a 100% functional 10.3.1 hack. A fresh install, using MultiBeast (for config.plist) and Clover has my system running the best ever :)

PS: For anyone on the fence, just get yourself a second (HDD/SSD) volume of the same size as your boot volume + CCC to generate a daily clone. It brings your hack to a secure level of redundancy and all but eliminates downtime.

I have this strange message with UniBeast 8.0 and Mac OS 10.13.1.

Any idea ?

Yes. It looks like your monitor is upside down :(

Like other users have said - this isn't a help thread; please post in the High Sierra Desktop Suuport. Good luck with your problem.

The following guide is a complete walkthrough for updating to or installing a fresh version of macOS High Sierra. It requires no experience and all of the basic installation and post-installation tools are available on tonymacx86.com.
Thank You Thank You
Just wanna say VERY MUCH!! Thank you for your effort guys.
At last, I have HS 13.1 installed on a:
Motherboard:GA-X58A-UD7 v.2
CPU: i7-960(3.24)
Memory: 16G
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3071 MB

Back