Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

NOTE: Since UniBeast 8 was finished we decided to release it early along with this guide. MultiBeast 10 is in the finishing stages and will be out as soon as it's tested and ready.

Just added to top post.

Can't get UniBeast to run. Get the message below:-

"You can’t use this version of the application “UniBeast” with this version of OS X."
"You have OS X 10.8.5. The application requires OS X 10.10 or later."

As the message states, I'm running Mountain Lion. Any suggestions?

Hi,

if I choose APFS I can not use HDD?

My main disk is a 1TB SSD, the second disk is also a 500Gb SSD, but I have 2 3TB HDD to save files.

Hi,

if I choose APFS I can not use HDD?

My main disk is a 1TB SSD, the second disk is also a 500Gb SSD, but I have 2 3TB HDD to save files.
Only the root volume on the disk macOS is currently installed on will be converted by the installer (e.g. 'Macintosh HD') Your existing recovery partition should also get refactored. You can continue to use your HFS+ drives as before.

Today is MultiBeast v10 for High Sierra Day! :headbang:

Pssst! It's in the Downloads section now.
I am a happy bunny! I know what I will be doing in the next hour or so.
Many, many thanks to the whole team.

Multibeast 10.0 worked for me.. mostly..

It installed all the necessary kexts. Only the HDD won't boot by itself despite many times installing the UEFI Boot with the Multibeast. Its probably some issues with the ASROCK Z77 UEFI that won't allow it to boot or point at the wrong boot partition.

My fix was to go into the clover command line and delete all the UEFI entries and add my boot HDD manually. It worked after that.

For those that are interested:
To list all entries:
bcfg boot dump

To remove:
bcfg boot rm xx
......... where xx is the UEFI boot order ie 00, 01, 02

To add a line to the UEFI boot menu:
bcfg boot add xx hdd:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI abcdefg
..........where xx is the UEFI boot entry ie 00, 01, 02;
..........hdd is the FS0:, FS1: etc which points to your EFI partition
..........and abcdefg is the name you wish to give to the boot entry ie MyCloverBoot

Thank you so much for MultiBeast 10.0. My Hackintosh is working superbly.

I have a question though; I to had to "remove 'nv_disable=1' and add 'nvda_drv=1'". Is there a location I can add this to a config.plist or the ilk in my bootable USB I made with UniBeast? Not a game changer, but something that would be nice so I do not have to keep doing manually during a re-install.

Multibeast 10.0 worked for me.. mostly..

It installed all the necessary kexts. Only the HDD won't boot by itself despite many times installing the UEFI Boot with the Multibeast. Its probably some issues with the ASROCK Z77 UEFI that won't allow it to boot or point at the wrong boot partition.

My fix was to go into the clover command line and delete all the UEFI entries and add my boot HDD manually. It worked after that.

For those that are interested:
To list all entries:
bcfg boot dump

To remove:
bcfg boot rm xx
......... where xx is the UEFI boot order ie 00, 01, 02

To add a line to the UEFI boot menu:
bcfg boot add xx hdd:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI abcdefg
..........where xx is the UEFI boot entry ie 00, 01, 02;
..........hdd is the FS0:, FS1: etc which points to your EFI partition
..........and abcdefg is the name you wish to give to the boot entry ie MyCloverBoot
This is the guide I used to fix my Z77 Pro 4M UEFI boot issue
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asrock-uefi-boot-fix.174726/

high sierra usb fails to boot it says somth about apfs and a status of 00000..07(idk how many 0's)

I received this message when trying to create a legacy installer USB formatted as Master Boot Record. I take it that it will only work when the USB is formatted as GUID then? Either that or UniBeast has a bug? Not sure.

Update: I tried again, yet this time using GUID format instead of Master Boot Record, and it worked. It seems that there is some issue with trying to create a legacy installer USB that is formatted as Master Boot Record.

Hey is there a place I can put in a request for changes in the next UniBeast update? This issue still seems to be occurring.

Back