Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Clean successful installation, MSI B150 PRO VDH motherboard, intel core i7 6700 3.4 Ghz, 16 Giga Ram DDR4, 250 GB SSD Samsung, in a case mac pro 2009.

Deactivate the intel injection for installation.

The network works, video acceleration works, only the audio does not work, but with a USB sound adapter I solve.

Something funny, I have to disable inject intel to the boot from the usb memory so you can give me the graphical acceleration, if I do not, I get 3 mb only. I have not installed clover yet, because I'm waiting for version 10 of multibeast to come out.

Thank you very much for this excellent tool and the great effort and work of the tonymacx86 team.

Last edited:
hi, i am try create usb installer but unibeast show error message

"there was an error creating your unibeast drive couldn't create installer"

any idea?

hi, i am try create usb installer but unibeast show error message

"there was an error creating your unibeast drive couldn't create installer"

any idea?
What choices did you select in UniBeast? From where did you download High Sierra?

Clean successful installation High Sierra, unibeast 8, update to Clover 4.54.0.0 , GA-H87-D3H motherboard, intel core i3 4330 3.5 Ghz, 4 Giga Ram DDR3, 120 GB SSD Samsung, smbios iMac 14,1

All Working!
Thanks to tonymacx86 team!
ZlOF2By.png

So I finally was able to do a clean install of High Sierra. I used the APFS on my SSD boot drive.

My question is that I am not able to boot directly from the SSD because Multibeast is unable to modify the EFI, is that correct?

So I finally was able to do a clean install of High Sierra. I used the APFS on my SSD boot drive.

My question is that I am not able to boot directly from the SSD because Multibeast is unable to modify the EFI, is that correct?
You'll have to either wait for MultiBeast v10 for High Sierra to be released (soon!) or use the USB installer's EFI folder. But, I recommend using the USB thumb drive to boot your installation as it's easier for the short term.:thumbup:

Update: mbze430 & UtterDisbelief, MultiBeast v10 for High Sierra has been released!

First time unibeast user, long time mac user. Haven't attempted to build a hackintosh since early 2006, so my learning curve is pretty steep. On my macbook, I have tried to create the boot media, and unibeast is failing with "There was an error creating your unibeast drive: Couldn't copy apfs.efi to destination EFI folder". Log output is below:
Code:
10/24/17 21:18:13 - Starting UniBeast 8.0.0-20171024
10/24/17 21:18:38 - Copying Files...
10/24/17 21:26:46 - Installing Bootloader...
10/24/17 21:26:51 - Attaching Base System...
10/24/17 21:26:51 - Copying apfs.efi...
10/24/17 21:26:52 - Couldn't copy apfs.efi to destination ESP folder

I have rebooted, reformatted, and tried again with the same issue. Brand new 16gb sandisk thumb drive. Ideas?

Thanks

I have the same problem and wonder if it matters since we don't want to use apfs anyway.

You'll have to either wait for MultiBeast v10 for High Sierra to be released (soon!) or use the USB installer's EFI folder. But, I recommend using the USB thumb drive to boot your installation as it's easier for the short term.:thumbup:

Hi @Stork & @mbze430

I've been slow to try High Sierra, watching with interest the beta users and final releasers. Today I took the plunge on a fresh SSD (so that my Sierra install remains safe).

All installed using UniBeast 8 and after several reboots I *think* I got there. Just needed to add Lilu and WhateverGreen so that I could actually see anything using my Radeon GPU. I'd decided to try APFS just out of interest.

That's where things got "interesting"!

How do I mount the new SSD'd EFI partition? DiskUtil shows the main Macintosh drive as disk3s1 so I assumed 3s0 would be an EFI partition. EFI_Mounter_v3 doesn't show it, nor does DiskUtil, only the overall Generic container disk2 (and the HS SSD is disk1)

Terminal mounting with "mkdir /Volumes/EFI and mount -t apfs /dev/disk3s0 /Volumes/EFI etc just gives me an "operation not permitted" result.

Then I see that disk2s1 is probably the new EFI partition. Must be changes to how the file system works under APFS.

Or is this because I'm attaching my SSD in a USB caddy?

Would it mount as an eSATA drive instead? I clearly need to copy the AMD kexts across to my new SSD somehow ...

I know I must missing something obvious and would appreciate any pointers...

I *can* wait until MultiBeast 10, there's no need or urgency, but would like to understand what everyone else is doing for this simple task? Or are they? Maybe a fresh install can only be done as HFS and APFS reserved for the App Store upgrade route? Doesn't sound likely though...

:rolleyes: o_O

Last edited:
Would it mount as an eSATA drive instead? I clearly need to copy the AMD kexts across to my new SSD somehow but how if nothing will mount it?

You should install eSata and as the only drive powered up in your machine. After installation you can power up your other drives.

Back