Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Thanks to everyone involved in making this installation possible! Followed the tutorial and installed the OS successfully. During the process I got stuck few times but rebooting fixed it. Multibeast 9.2.1 is not recognizing my APFS formatted drive, so I'm booting from USB for now.

Improvements after my 10.12.3 build:
  • NVME drive works out of the box!
  • Ethernet works out of the box!
  • 1+ minute delay after inserting USB Audio interfaces is gone!
Downsides:
screenshot.gif

Last edited:
Thanks again for those great tools, installing High Sierra on my machine was a breeze. Had to replace the osxaptiodrivefix with the free2000 version, but other than that, most stuff works out of the box. And my RX580 is fully supported without a helper iGPU using Lilu and Whatevergreen.

Probably dumb question, but new to this: how do i get that beautiful clover config over to my hard drive now that Multibeast is missing? Can i just copy the contents of one EFI folder to the other?

Thanks again for those great tools, installing High Sierra on my machine was a breeze. Had to replace the osxaptiodrivefix with the free2000 version, but other than that, most stuff works out of the box. And my RX580 is fully supported without a helper iGPU using Lilu and Whatevergreen.

Probably dumb question, but new to this: how do i get that beautiful clover config over to my hard drive now that Multibeast is missing? Can i just copy the contents of one EFI folder to the other?

Maybe download Clover Config and install on your storage drive - same as you would with the Clover Boot Loader?

I think there is no way to mount EFI partition on APFS formatted drive right now. We need to wait for new Multibeast/EFI mounter/Clover configurator with APFS support.

thanks

Last edited:
black screen after doing this
4. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra
how can i solve?
:/

Attachments

• 7B7ADB8A-9D22-4958-875E-25E265F6A975.jpeg
    7B7ADB8A-9D22-4958-875E-25E265F6A975.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Just logging in to say I updated(I did the update method from macOS Sierra) without a hitch :) Followed all the directions to a tee and everything worked great.

MB - ASUS Z97-A
CPU - Intel i7 4790K
RAM - 16 GB DDR3
VGA - EVGA Nvidia 970

I am running in UEFI mode as well, I've got a second SDD that has Windows on it so I've got a working dual-boot machine.

I got same motherboard too. What Kexts did you install for USB or Audio? Did you have any issue with Audio after waking up from sleep?

I think there is no way to mount EFI partition on APFS formatted drive right now. We need to wait for new Multibeast/EFI mounter/Clover configurator with APFS support.

I use Clover Configurator to mount my EFI partition on my APFS formatted Evo 850 with no problems, mountEFI on the other hand gets confused.

Since UniBeast 8 was finished we decided to release it early along with this guide. MultiBeast 10 is in the finishing stages and will be out as soon as it's tested and ready.
we are all waiting

Since UniBeast 8 was finished we decided to release it early along with this guide. MultiBeast 10 is in the finishing stages and will be out as soon as it's tested and ready.
Right here waiting for you :headbang:

Back