Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

First time unibeast user, long time mac user. Haven't attempted to build a hackintosh since early 2006, so my learning curve is pretty steep. On my macbook, I have tried to create the boot media, and unibeast is failing with "There was an error creating your unibeast drive: Couldn't copy apfs.efi to destination EFI folder". Log output is below:
Code:
10/24/17 21:18:13 - Starting UniBeast 8.0.0-20171024
10/24/17 21:18:38 - Copying Files...
10/24/17 21:26:46 - Installing Bootloader...
10/24/17 21:26:51 - Attaching Base System...
10/24/17 21:26:51 - Copying apfs.efi...
10/24/17 21:26:52 - Couldn't copy apfs.efi to destination ESP folder

I have rebooted, reformatted, and tried again with the same issue. Brand new 16gb sandisk thumb drive. Ideas?

Thanks

I posted here how I soved this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/error-when-i-create-usb-with-unibeast-8-0.235485/#post-1614080

If you have multiple volumes mounted at this step No-Convert is searching all of them and can take time.

Unmount the extra disks.

The next version of No-Convert will have a solution for this.

Brilliant thanks for your help, this worked perfectly and I am now running HS on HFS+

I have issues with graphics I have intel core i5 4690

Can I create and install a usb bootable working High Sierra OSX on windows 7
Dell Latitude e6410
Is there any guide I should be following to accomplish this?

I would recommend not converting over to APFS at the moment. The current version of MB is not working (this most likely will be resolved in the new version). The real problem is not that, it's other random applications not working, I also ran into an issue with my preview icons not showing up on all my files. Some just had outline boxes. My real MacBook works for the most part on it, but even then I notice strange issues with it. APFS should be called Beta Test File System...

I hear High Sierra now has native NVME support. Going from a fresh install, is there anything I need to inject in order to get it to work?

So, your saying we could put MacOS on a M.2 say Samsung 960 EVO, and not have to do anything special?

NOTE: Since UniBeast 8 was finished we decided to release it early along with this guide. MultiBeast 10 is in the finishing stages and will be out as soon as it's tested and ready.

Just added to top post.

If possible, could we get an estimate on the remaining time? If not, I understand.

Just noticed that installing MultiBeast 9.2.1 seems to cause an error (see attached log) when using the APFS file system for the storage drive. MB 9.2.1 appears to require HFS + format.

Recommend Step 4 - # 9 be mandatory until MultiBeast 10 is released - maybe delete "(Optional)" and reword as required until MultiBeast can write to APFS file system.

Make way for MultiBeast 10!

Build Signature: KL Rig: ASUS H270M-Plus, i5 7500, M.2 SATA 120 GB, HD630, 8GB DDR4

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Back