Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I'm trying to install High Sierra on a CoreStorage Volume, therefore I don't want to convert it to APFS.

The command to type in terminal at point 4.9 of this guide, doesn't need to have a reference to the disk I want to install it on? I literally just need to type 'Volumes/Image\ Volume/No-Convert' or do I need to change it in some way?

I'm trying to install High Sierra on a CoreStorage Volume, therefore I don't want to convert it to APFS.

The command to type in terminal at point 4.9 of this guide, doesn't need to have a reference to the disk I want to install it on? I literally just need to type 'Volumes/Image\ Volume/No-Convert' or do I need to change it in some way?
It's the path to the script when you are running the installer.

It's the path to the script when you are running the installer.
Ok, but I'm still not getting it. How do I run it? Where do I specify on which disk to install?

Ok, but I'm still not getting it. How do I run it? Where do I specify on which disk to install?
I have good news for you...it's smart. Just run it! :thumbup:

This is a Desktop GUIDE and NOT a SUPPORT Thread
Please post your Unibeast related installation questions and problems in the High Sierra Desktop Support Forum, Not Here. You will not get the help you need to resolve your problems here. This is for Guide comments only. Thanks in Advance. :thumbup:

Good morning. I am new.
During the installation, I can't use my ps/2 mouse for selecting options. I've stopped the installation for staying far from problems, but: what can I do for going on? Thank you.
Try using a USB mouse, I had the same issue with my old mouse but USB one works fine :)

Excellent guide as usual. Install went (pretty) smooth on my old laptop.

- Onboard Ethernet doesn't work (AtherosLc1Ethernet), Null-Ethernet didn't seem to work, but after a 2nd reboot it did. USB3.0 Ethernet needed a bit of help (switch to Manual DHCP and back to DHCP). App store even worked when Null-Ethernet didn't.
- The laptop even has dual screen. If I wait until the Apple boot screen and then plug in HDMI: BINGO!
- Piker-alpha's Script to generate a SSDT for Power Management works. The laptop is more silent than it ever was under Win10
- and even powers off

Now the big task: make the most of the laptop by DSDT's and SSDT's.

Last edited:
Hi, I’m currently on a similar situation with my GTX 550ti, it worked perfectly with macOS Sierra and now I tried everything but still no luck... . Right now I’m able to boot up but it seems there isn’t any driver working since the screen shows some glitches and the animations are slow and choppy.
Just wait for new MultiBeast and try clear installation again, its the last chance for as with that vintage older 2 years card :) If it not help, we must buy new card.

If I choose to bypass APFS and go with HFS+, will I be able to convert the HFS+ to APFS at a later date when Multibeast 10 is released without loosing data?

If I choose to bypass APFS and go with HFS+, will I be able to convert the HFS+ to APFS at a later date when Multibeast 10 is released without loosing data?
Yes, with Disk Utility. But not if the HFS+ drive is encrypted.

Back