Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Since UniBeast 8 was finished we decided to release it early along with this guide. MultiBeast 10 is in the finishing stages and will be out as soon as it's tested and ready.
Can i ask you to check (or have in mind) Nvidia GTX 650 support in multibeast 10 developing process? This card was always natively supported but in my (and not only my) installation of High Sierra there was still screen glitching (and i think no aceleration) problem (with or without internal Intel HD Graphics). I know that you must be very busy, i can buy a new card, if GTX 650 no longer working under HSierra, but it's still good card and most important it's challenge how it's possible that this peviously natively apple supported card not working in HSierra Hackintosh. Similar glitching problem has owners of GTX 660/670 cards, we communicate between us each other , trying upgrade from Sierra to HSierra, trying clean installation, trying with native mac drivers, trying nvidia web drivers, but no success. You can help to us also if you simple say to all of as that this card is no longer supported under HSierra (may be add list of no longer supported vga card list from previously supported cards), to save our time trying installation again and again and we all just buy a new cards. But i still hope ...to this great card, she is married with my hackintosh 2 years so i don't want to break this beautifull piece of love coexistence :)
Thanks from Slovakia
my spec:
MB - Gigabyte Z170M-D3H
CPU - Intel i3-6320 3.9 GHz
socket LGA 1151 Skylake 14 nm, Intel HD Graphics 530
RAM - 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
VGA - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB
SSD - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB
HDD - WDC WD30EFRX-68AX9N0 3 TB
Case Cooltek UMX3 - Silver

Audio - Realtel ALC892
LAN -
IntelMausiEthernet (Intel i219-V + Intel i211)

Last edited:
Just logging in to say I updated(I did the update method from macOS Sierra) without a hitch :) Followed all the directions to a tee and everything worked great.

MB - ASUS Z97-A
CPU - Intel i7 4790K

RAM - 16 GB DDR3
VGA - EVGA Nvidia 970

I am running in UEFI mode as well, I've got a second SDD that has Windows on it so I've got a working dual-boot machine.

I am using clover bootloader, but it’s too hard to install supported audio drivers withouth multibeast. Will I be still able to use clover bootloader once I installed multibeast (when it will be out fpr 10.13) for audio drivers?

Can i ask you to check (or have in mind) Nvidia GTX 650 support in multibeast 10 developing process? This card was always natively supported but in my (and not only my) installation of High Sierra there was still screen glitching (and i think no aceleration) problem (with or without internal Intel HD Graphics). I know that you must be very busy, i can buy a new card, if GTX 650 no longer working under HSierra, but it's still good card and most important it's challenge how it's possible that this peviously natively apple supported card not working in HSierra Hackintosh. Similar glitching problem has owners of GTX 660/670 cards, we communicate between us each other , trying upgrade from Sierra to HSierra, trying clean installation, trying with native mac drivers, trying nvidia web drivers, but no success. You can help to us also if you simple say to all of as that this card is no longer supported under HSierra (may be add list of no longer supported vga card list from previously supported cards), to save our time trying installation again and again and we all just buy a new cards. But i still hope ...to this great card, she is married with my hackintosh 2 years so i don't want to break this beautifull piece of love coexistence :)
Thanks from Slovakia
my spec:
MB - Gigabyte Z170M-D3H
CPU - Intel i3-6320 3.9 GHz
socket LGA 1151 Skylake 14 nm, Intel HD Graphics 530
RAM - 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
VGA - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB
SSD - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB
HDD - WDC WD30EFRX-68AX9N0 3 TB
Case Cooltek UMX3 - Silver

Audio - Realtel ALC892
LAN -
IntelMausiEthernet (Intel i219-V + Intel i211)

Hi, I’m currently on a similar situation with my GTX 550ti, it worked perfectly with macOS Sierra and now I tried everything but still no luck... . Right now I’m able to boot up but it seems there isn’t any driver working since the screen shows some glitches and the animations are slow and choppy.

Thanks, this fixed the freezing. I thought the GTX 760 was supposed to be natively supported without having to do anything else.
It is, you don't need to install any drivers.Infact once I installed the drivers in High Sierra and got stuck in bootloop. Idk why the boot flag though. But I've been using the same boot flag since Sierra

NOTE: Since UniBeast 8 was finished we decided to release it early along with this guide. MultiBeast 10 is in the finishing stages and will be out as soon as it's tested and ready.

Just added to top post.

First time unibeast user, long time mac user. Haven't attempted to build a hackintosh since early 2006, so my learning curve is pretty steep. On my macbook, I have tried to create the boot media, and unibeast is failing with "There was an error creating your unibeast drive: Couldn't copy apfs.efi to destination EFI folder". Log output is below:
Code:
10/24/17 21:18:13 - Starting UniBeast 8.0.0-20171024
10/24/17 21:18:38 - Copying Files...
10/24/17 21:26:46 - Installing Bootloader...
10/24/17 21:26:51 - Attaching Base System...
10/24/17 21:26:51 - Copying apfs.efi...
10/24/17 21:26:52 - Couldn't copy apfs.efi to destination ESP folder

I have rebooted, reformatted, and tried again with the same issue. Brand new 16gb sandisk thumb drive. Ideas?

Thanks

"There was an error creating your unibeast drive: Couldn't copy apfs.efi to destination EFI folder"

Code:
10/24/17 21:18:13 - Starting UniBeast 8.0.0-20171024
10/24/17 21:18:38 - Copying Files...
10/24/17 21:26:46 - Installing Bootloader...
10/24/17 21:26:51 - Attaching Base System...
10/24/17 21:26:51 - Copying apfs.efi...
10/24/17 21:26:52 - Couldn't copy apfs.efi to destination ESP folder

Did you come across a solution to this?

Back