Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

STEP 4: Install macOS High Sierra
You're almost done! All you need to do is boot from the USB drive and install! For best results, insert the USB in a USB 2.0 port.

1. Turn on the computer
2. Press the hotkey to choose boot device (F12 for Gigabyte motherboards, F8 for ASUS motherboards, F11 for ASrock motherboards)
3. Choose USB

4. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra
5. When you arrive at the Installer, choose language.

If you have issues reaching the installer, you can use spacebar on boot screen to enter alternate boot modes such as verbose and safe mode. For more instructions on entering boot flags see Clover Basics and Switching Advice.
Im having issues here as above can't reach the installer (cursor and black screen). So, Ive selected verbose and safe mode but nothings happen still seeing cursor and black screen. Please help me fix this issue. Thanks!

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.
Please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
Im having issues here as above can't reach the installer (cursor and black screen). So, Ive selected verbose and safe mode but nothings happen still seeing cursor and black screen.
This is a guide not a help thread, you should open a new thread of your own in High Sierra Desktop Support.

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
I have asus rog gl-552jx. I have to the almost same problem as i have mentioned above with a photo pf the screen
Please provide complete details in your profile (account details).
Motherboard: limited to laptop manufacturer name, model, BIOS version and boot loader separated by "-", i.e. Dell XPS 13 9360 - 2.8.1 - Clover UEFI.

This is a Desktop Support forum - For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant High Sierra Laptop Support forum.

Adrian B

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 5570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Other
Any recommendation where I can download High Sierra from? It doesn´t appear to be available any longer from the US Mac App store.
It should be available in your purchases section if you have previously downloaded it. Otherwise it will show on hardware that is High Sierra Compatible but not Mojave compatible. Direct links for macOS versions below:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/building-a-customac-hackintosh-the-ultimate-buyers-guide/#Operating_Systems

Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I followed this guide and at the end of Unibeast I get the following error. I'm using my MacBook Pro to create the USB... Not really sure what is going on.
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 2.23.05 PM.png

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 1525
CPU
Core 2 Duo
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, Performa, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I keep getting an error from UniBeast. "UniBeast drive: Copy of apfs.efi failed."
Any help would be appreciated.