i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sure, you're right!:) But does that mean it's not possible to do what I was trying? I'd like to do various and it would be easier if it were possible.
It doesn't appear you're having success installing to it as an external USB 3 drive. Why is it more difficult to simply connect it with an internal sata cable than to use a USB 3 adapter ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte B85M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 740
It doesn't appear you're having success installing to it as an external USB 3 drive. Why is it more difficult to simply connect it with an internal sata cable than to use a USB 3 adapter ?
no you're right, it's not, it's just got my curiosity now, and I'd like to know if there is a way round this or if it's impossible, like a limitation of Unibeast/clover or whatever. But in the meantime I'll do what you said, thanks again:)

Motherboard
Z68X-UD4-B3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
XFX 6870 Dual Fan
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
no you're right, it's not, it's just got my curiosity now, and I'd like to know if there is a way round this or if it's impossible, like a limitation of Unibeast/clover or whatever. But in the meantime I'll do what you said, thanks again:)

I've installed 10.13.5 on an external USB drive clone, and then once everything is working okay, only then did I clone it back to my SATA internal drive. Reason I need to do it this way is if the upgrade fails, I want my computer to be unaffected so I can get back to work quickly and try again for another day.

In my case, I have to move my USB3 drive/enclosure and plug it into a USB2 port... only then was my High Sierra installation successful (can be seen by Clover, no KP, no hang in the middle of OSX upgrade, etc) When my enclosure was plugged into a USB3 port during installation/upgrade of HS, I encountered a lot of problems.

Motherboard
Gigabyte B85M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 740
I've installed 10.13.5 on an external USB drive clone, and then once everything is working okay, only then did I clone it back to my SATA internal drive. Reason I need to do it this way is if the upgrade fails, I want my computer to be unaffected so I can get back to work quickly and try again for another day.

In my case, I have to move my USB3 drive/enclosure and plug it into a USB2 port... only then was my High Sierra installation successful (can be seen by Clover, no KP, no hang in the middle of OSX upgrade, etc) When my enclosure was plugged into a USB3 port during installation/upgrade of HS, I encountered a lot of problems.

Interesting! It's strange because I've managed to get it to work now, the solution was to plug the external USB SSD into a USB3 port directly on the PC, instead of the hub where it was. It worked fine with the hub in Win7 and Sierra, but was not recognised by Clover HiSierra installer whilst in the hub?

Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS 7 Gaming
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Asus GTX 1080 Ti
Gyus, iv tried prepare pendrive with UniBeast and i cannot :(
upload_2018-8-12_18-30-48.png

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 / RX 580
I have no idea what to do next ...
Start a thread in High Sierra Desktop Support.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p700
CPU
2x E5-2620 V3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Even if I have a High Sierra installation thumb drive? Two of them, actually. So I _have_ the drive. I need to swap out some drivers that don't work with my hardware (Broadmore chip -- i7 6800k). I don't have "Disk Utility" to do the job.
I don't understand how you would "swap out some drivers" using Disk Utility.
This is not a help thread - You should start a new one of your own in High Sierra Desktop Support.