Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Catalina on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Hello everybody
I'm new, and I try the adventure with an HP Z220 CMT, E3-1225 v2 3,2GHz Nvidia Quadro K600,
I followed the guide "Install macOS Catalina on Any Supported Intel-based PC" and my installation does not pass the step 5, I use verbose mode and I discover that the CPU and PCH is not compatible.
Can someone please tell me what to do next?
I already saw this Z220 operated under High Sierra for a test 2 years ago I think, it must be compatible I think?
thanks a lot for your help

I did a clean install of Catalina and struggled mightily with the WIFI for a few hours. I have a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 card and it acted like it did not exist. I installed both IO80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext in System/Library/Extensions using KextBeast without success. Finally, I installed IO80211Family.kext in the other location as well, and FINALLY the WIFI popped up. Perhaps I was supposed to install the kext in both areas from the start and misunderstood the directions. This guide was very helpful:

Everything else is working perfectly. Thanks tonymacx86 for all you and your colleagues do!

If so, why would my question be categorized under Catalina Desktop support?

Any questions about installing Catalina on a desktop should go there. Even if you're trying to start the process on a PC.

The mods are often curt when it comes to stuff abound the rules. It's just meant to get you off to a good start. :thumbup:

Is your comment in response to my question about creating a bootable unibeast USB drive on a PC? Was that a non-permitted troubleshooting question? If so, why would my question be categorized under Catalina Desktop support? Thanks very much, just not clear to me whether I need to repost in another forum.
It's directed primarily at those with troubleshooting questions about the installation. If all you have is a Windows PC we don't currently have an option for you. You need a Mac or working hackintosh to create your Unibeast installer.

So I'm struggling with my current build
Post in Catalina Desktop Support not here. Not a support thread. You'll also need to fill out your hardware profile before getting any help.

Screen Shot 19.jpg

i have an problem i downloaded Mac OS X Catalina from Appstore and unibeast says that installer is a patial installer and and it didnt work with it

i have an problem i downloaded Mac OS X Catalina from Appstore and unibeast says that installer is a patial installer and and it didnt work with it
What system did you use to download it from the appstore ?

Hi guys, I have this setup and installed Yosemite.

i5 3570K
MSI Z77A-GD65
Asus HD 6870
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
WD 1001FALS 1TB
WD WD20EARX 2TB
WD WD20EZRX 2TB
Corsair XM3 2x4GB DDR3-1600

It's been working for years now and I do want to update to the new OSX.
I forgot how to do everything and just wondering if I can just update through the Mac Store to Catalina or do I have to follow this guide?

It won't work to update from Yosemite to Catalina via the App Store. Don't even attempt it. Download Catalina first and create a USB installer with Unibeast to try it. Everything has changed since you installed Yosemite about 6 years ago now. Make a bootable clone of your Yosemite install first. You could also simply try installing Catalina to a clean SSD and try it out.

Back