Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Catalina on Any Supported Intel-based PC

reboot -> cmd+R -> Terminal ->Enter "csrutil disable" -> click "enter"

Via Google translater:

Today I killed the whole day at the installation. It was not possible to install the Clover at the end so that the Catalina loaded. As a result, without turning off this setting, the method was still found:
1. Download clover.app
2. Mount EFI from USB disk
3. Copy to the desktop the entire EFI folder
4. Unmount the EFI flash drive, mount the EFI disk on which Catalina is installed
5. Copy EFI from the desktop to the disk partition
6. Add AppleALC
7. Reboot and cheers, everything works :)

Looks like at least for me using the Mojave MultiBeast just ends up crashing the system. Just ends up going to a black screen even after just installing AppleALC. I'll just wait for a proper MultiBeast.

Via Google translater:

Today I killed the whole day at the installation. It was not possible to install the Clover at the end so that the Catalina loaded. As a result, without turning off this setting, the method was still found:
1. Download clover.app
2. Mount EFI from USB disk
3. Copy to the desktop the entire EFI folder
4. Unmount the EFI flash drive, mount the EFI disk on which Catalina is installed
5. Copy EFI from the desktop to the disk partition
6. Add AppleALC
7. Reboot and cheers, everything works:)

It’s a good way if it works. :headbang:

I made the stick, everything was fine, but it has to be upgraded to the config file with the ACPI patch for those who have the updated bios, but even so, it still needs to be revised because it remains stuck at apfs_module_start: 1683. And it's weird because the same patch is applied to the Clover that boots my macOS from nvme and works. And, if I boot the stick from the clover installed on the NVMe with macOs Catalina, it boots to a point and the forbidden sign appears. In conclusion, this UniBeast must be revised. My configuration is Asus ROG Strix Z390 Gaming E, i9 9900K, AMD RX 5700 XT, 32Gb DDR4, Samsung 970 EVO 250Gb.

@bloodspiller82, the apfs_module_start: is a known issue with ASUS Z390 motherboards. There is a separate fix for that. See MacMan's Golden Build for details or @mattystonnie thread for fix.

Is there any rough ballpark timeline for Multibeast 12? Like a few days, a week, a month, longer? I promise I won't hold you to it, but if we're talking that it's days away I'll hold off until it's released, but if it's longer than that, I need to get this new Catalina build underway since my work demands it. Thank you for any useful info.

I got a problem making the disk.
I do not know what or how to fix this.
Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.57.57 AM.png

Back