Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Catalina on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Motherboard
Asus Z370i
CPU
Graphics
Nvidia 1070GTX
Anyone seen the issue of 'Selected Max OS X Installer is Incomplete' as the only option for downloading macOS Catalina on the app store downloads the stub, not the full file?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Anyone seen the issue of 'Selected Max OS X Installer is Incomplete' as the only option for downloading macOS Catalina on the app store downloads the stub, not the full file?
See the following thread for how to make a full Installer app. Although the thread is for High Sierra, you can adapt it for Catalina.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
Mac Pro
Hello everyone , after a easy install everything looks great besides my main drive has an extra Catalina-Data volume that takes some space up , I know Catalina separates main drive to Drive and hidden Data volume but why do I have two of them ? Thnx
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 4.17.03 PM.png

Motherboard
Aspire XC710
CPU
i5 6400
Graphics
Intel HD
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Other
I have two questions:
a) why Step 2-15 (Copy MultiBeast to your USB)
b) where and when is the Catalina Installer transferred to the USB Stick?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have two questions:
a) why Step 2-15 (Copy MultiBeast to your USB)
b) where and when is the Catalina Installer transferred to the USB Stick?
a. You'll need run MultiBeast after macOS is installed - Step 5.
b. When you run UniBeast. See Step 2-9.

Read the guide completely twice for familiarity. Then follow it step by step. When I first installed macOS 10 years ago, I printed out the guide and checked off each step as I completed it.

Motherboard
Aspire XC710
CPU
i5 6400
Graphics
Intel HD
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Other
Thx ... I got it! :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
When erasing the USB drive, I had to select the drop-down in the upper-left corner of Disk Utility and select "show all devices", so that I could pick the USB device (not volume). Then when I erased, I could be sure to choose "GUID Partition Map" (the default was "Master Boot Record", which did not work). Please update the instructions to include that detail.

Motherboard
laptop
CPU
intel core 2 duo
Graphics
gma x3100
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
hello,

With UniBeast it's possible install macOS for example El Capitan or High Sierra, in MacBook early 2008, Intel 64 bits architecture, 4GB RAM and 256 SDD? My old MacBook runs Yosemite using MacPostFactor. Officially, it's only run Lion.

Thank you!

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
With UniBeast it's possible install macOS for example El Capitan or High Sierra, in MacBook early 2008, Intel 64 bits architecture, 4GB RAM and 256 SDD? My old MacBook runs Yosemite using MacPostFactor. Officially, it's only run Lion.
You can run UniBeast on your MacBook to create an USB installer thumb drive. However, you can not use the UniBeast USB installer thumb drive to install macOS on your MacBook as it will brick it. The UniBeast USB installer is strictly meant to be used on a PC.

Motherboard
laptop
CPU
intel core 2 duo
Graphics
gma x3100
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
You can run UniBeast on your MacBook to create an USB installer thumb drive. However, you can not use the UniBeast USB installer thumb drive to install macOS on your MacBook as it will brick it. The UniBeast USB installer is strictly meant to be used on a PC.
thank you for your quick answed. I don't understand "why my macbook is intel like a PC don't run UniBeast for install a version of macos not allowed". thanks!!