Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I'm not new to Hackintosh, but with upgrading to ML nothing will work.

My PC is an old Acer Aspire M3630 - 1E7I with:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Gigatbyte GA-EG31M-S2
Nvidia GF 8600GT
Belkin Wireless G Plus Desktop Card F5D7001

The PC is now running Lion without any problems. Therefore it was also running Snow Leopard perfect. So I think, and have proven that the systems hardware is "Hackintosh Proof". But yesterday when I first tried updating the system to ML it just keeps rebooting and never gets to the instal screen.

What I've done:

1. followed all steps of the official guide 1 mln times
2. Used boot flags: -x and -v and PCIRootUID=0
3. Disconnected all hardrives except the one with Lion on it
4. Disconnected all PCI cards (graphics and wireless ethernet)
5. Checked and load default BIOS settings - I CAN'T FIND THE "AHCI" MODE!!!
6. Set USB flash memory (Unibeast) as first boot-device
7. Used 3 different USB Flash memory sticks (also different manufacturers)

What is the result (always the same):

The unibeast boot terminal (where you can choice to boot from the USB) works fine. When I boot from the Unibeast USB it takes for about 5 mins and then the entire system suddenly stops and reboots. And the I can start again. This happens over and over.
Before the system stops and reboots it doesn't give any information about a crash, panic or what so ever. Even in Verbose mode I can't find a thing.

Could someone please help me? I'm doing everything by the book and I know for sure that my old Acer will run ML perfectly. But first I have to reach the install screen at least!

Let me know what to do guys!

On a G31 try setting your SATA ports to Enhanced or RAID mode.

Thanks for the tip! It's already set on Enhanced mode. There is no option for RAID.

Anything else I should look at?

Update: Added a screen shot of the BIOS screen

Attachments

• IMG_3257.jpg
    IMG_3257.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 529
Someone..? I'm pretty desperate!

Any luck? I also have an EG31M motherboard and can't get Mountain Lion to install past the point where it says "Starting Darwin x86" in verbose mode.

Thanks

Tim

Thanks for the tip! It's already set on Enhanced mode. There is no option for RAID.

Anything else I should look at?

Update: Added a screen shot of the BIOS screen

Maybe disable the onboard IDE controller.

- - - Updated - - -

Any luck? I also have an EG31M motherboard and can't get Mountain Lion to install past the point where it says "Starting Darwin x86" in verbose mode.

Thanks

Tim

Boot "-v" to help diagnose boot problems. Reply with photo...

Unibeast install boot problems

Hi everyone, right now Im having some problems trying to boot my unibeast usb to install Yosemite, It always sticks in the gray screen with apple logo. Sometimes if I try -f -x UseKernelCache=Yes it works but just after waiting like 30 or 30 minutes, i also tried GraphicsEnable=No and.... nothing. Could you guys please tell me how can I fix it ?. I tried -v and always sticks on Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and can't load kext apple.driver.appleACPIEC. so i'm not sure what's the problem.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 135
Hi everyone, right now Im having some problems trying to boot my unibeast usb to install Yosemite, It always sticks in the gray screen with apple logo. Sometimes if I try -f -x UseKernelCache=Yes it works but just after waiting like 30 or 30 minutes, i also tried GraphicsEnable=No and.... nothing. Could you guys please tell me how can I fix it ?. I tried -v and always sticks on Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and can't load kext apple.driver.appleACPIEC. so i'm not sure what's the problem.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back