Contribute
Register

Unibeast hangs on installing bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I may have the answer to this...another log file is created on the USB drive itself, and this one reports a problem mounting the EFI partition. This occurs because the partition is formatted MSDOS, and the system is failing to load the kernel module for accessing MSDOS partitions. In my case that was because I had booted my Mac in Safe Mode (It is another Hackintosh and will not boot otherwise!). The USB log indicated that it is possible to have the EFI partition formatted as HFS, and this should enable it to mount. So I am now trying this...SUCCESS! :) Unibeast now completes and I have a bootable USB stick.

I had the same error. How did you resolve this? I'm in Safe Mode. It says it has to be HFS, I thought OS X Journaled is HFS?

Hi, does this have a solution? I'm using Unibeast 6.2, tried both 16GB and 8GB, and redownloading El Capitan. I've gotten this error multiple times. I am trying to use Unibeast 5 but I'd really rather have Clover. I followed the tutorial and erased, selected GUID Partition Table, injected ATI. Same as @jal , it is hackintosh in safe mode. I'm not sure I understand his answer "it is possible to have the EFI partition formatted as HFS" does that mean Mac Extended (Journaled)?

Thank you very much.

So? Anyone has solution for this?
I'm having the same issue with Unibeast 7.1.1 trying to create a Sierra bootable to a 16gb USB Stick formatted in GPT.
I'm using my MBPRetina with Sierra.
I get stuck on "Installing Bootloader" everytime. Even let it doing throughout the night but nothing happened.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 10.28.59.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 10.28.59.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 509
e (It is another Hackintosh and will not boot otherwise!). The USB log indicated that it is possible to have the EFI partition formatted as HFS, and this should enable it to mount. So I am now trying this...SUCCESS! :) Unibeast now completes and I have a bootable USB stick.
????

The same for me:

09/05/17 10:36:08 - Starting UniBeast 7.1.1-20170401
09/05/17 10:36:34 - Mounting Volumes...
09/05/17 10:36:36 - Copying Files...
09/05/17 10:46:59 - Detaching Volumes...
09/05/17 10:47:02 - Installing Bootloader...
09/05/17 10:47:22 - installer: Package name is Clover v2.4k r4045 EFI bootloader
installer: Installing at base path /Volumes/macOS
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
err
09/05/17 10:47:22 - installer --- installer: Package name is Clover v2.4k r4045 EFI bootloader
installer: Installing at base path /Volumes/macOS
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
err --- Couldn't install Bootloader

Trying to make a bootable USB for Sierra from El Capitan Hackintosh. 12 Gb RAM, 32 Gb USB is formatted as GPT volume, but no luck.

I am also facing the same issue unibeast is not creating boot loader

Just in case you ended up here........You have to change the date in your bios to match the date on your installer download + 1 Day......Don't forget to change it back.
PS:.....Mojave working fine on this Mother.
PPS:....Guess that will change with the next release!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back