Contribute
Register

UniBeast hangs just past Chimera screen??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
2x GEFORCE GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Unibeast hangs at the Mac logo boot up screen just past the Chimera screen where you choose the flash drive. I get a spinning colored pinwheel and it sits like that indefinitely.

I have not changed any BIOS settings (so maybe thats the problem that I'm missing something) and have tried this with and without the video card with the same results.

Heres my setup:

Intel Core i7-3770
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
EVGA GeForce GT 640

Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks N3on

Have you tried any of the boot flags in the Unibeast instructions?

Where do I type these command line flags? On the UniBeast/Chimera logo screen?

-s or booting from safe mode worked.

Where do I type these command line flags? On the UniBeast/Chimera logo screen?

-s or booting from safe mode worked.

yes you are correct. Unibest/chimera is the bootloader. When you see that screen you can press anything and it will stop to wait for your commend. You won't really see anything change except the timer. For example press enter once, then type in command -x you will see command appear in the middle of the screen.

Unibeast hangs at the Mac logo boot up screen just past the Chimera screen where you choose the flash drive. I get a spinning colored pinwheel and it sits like that indefinitely.

I have not changed any BIOS settings (so maybe thats the problem that I'm missing something) and have tried this with and without the video card with the same results.

Heres my setup:

Intel Core i7-3770
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
EVGA GeForce GT 640

Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks N3on

Make sure you've set SATA in bios from IDE to AHCI. Then, try booting with '-v -x'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back