Contribute
Register

Unibeast flash drive boot error (Resolved)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (F22g)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Hi everyone,
It's my first Hackintosh build here. I've successfully created the USB flash drive following the guide via the latest (6.2.0) unibeast for El Capitan. I'm using a newly purchased Gigabyte Z170X UD5 TH with i7 6700K, and its BIOS sits at the latest F5 version. When I try to boot off the flash drive I get the Prohibited sign. Booting in verbose mode I get the following message: This version of MacOS is not supported on this platform. It would seem reasonable that the machine type that unibeast (6.2.0) has specified is incorrect for installing El Capitan? I would appreciate someone telling me how I go about solving this issue? Thanks!
Update: Solved. Downloaded El Capitan onto my friend's MacBook Pro. Redid the Unibeast procedure and this time the USB booted and I was able to install OSX. :)
Update2: I'm happy to report El Capitan is running great here! :) Thanks to Macman and tonymacx86 for their great utils and guides. Also thanks go out to Jerivalu’s Build thread.

Last edited:
How did you change the MAC ID when creating UniBeast? Is it a 16GB stick? Is it a USB2.0 stick?

Did you turn off the Serial port, VT-d, etc., as suggested in the getting started thread?

Do you have your RAM in the correct slots?

Did you turn off CSM in the BIOS and when you go to your boot screen did you select UEFI-USB? Did you try all the USB ports?

Do you have a GPU?, and if so, did you try installing it without the video card in the PC?

What drives are you installing to?

It just occurred to me that I think it has something to do with the Mac I used to create the unibeast flash drive. It is a 2007 MacBook running 10.6.8. I'm wondering if unibeast pulled the MAC ID from it during the creation process. I wasn't able to download the installer to that machine because the App store wouldn't allow me to on that machine. So I copied the El Capitan installer over from a backup drive and put it in the 10.6.8 Applications folder. You can't run El Capitan on that MacBook because of it's age. Unfortunately my Late 2009 iMac went belly up so I was stuck using the old MacBook. :( The easiest scenario would be to edit the flashdrive giving it a newer MAC ID that is acceptable to El Capitan. Can anyone tell me how to do that? What a predictament! :( To answer your above questions, yes, all those parameters were set correctly. I'm sure what I stated above is the source of the problem though. :(

Last edited:
Removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back