i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I did some research on the "Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2" before posting this... There were some hits, but unfortunately none of the suggestions I found solves my problem. :banghead:

My build is very close to this one:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ng-gt-i7-4790k-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-sc.html

A very good tutorial, complete, detailed and easy-to-understand ! :clap:

But... :think:

I carefully followed every step (excepted that it's Mavericks installation, not a Yosemite), but my Unibeast gives me the "Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2" message. I saw here and there that GraphicsEnabler=Yes may fix the problem, but not for me. Actually, it makes no sense because, I'm booting with IGFX as primary graphic device. I also put the same BIOS settings that the one mentioned in the post.

I wonder if if it's not due to my UEFI Windows 8.1 installation on another disk... IMO, it should not, since I'm booting on my USB key right now.

I'm looking for my liberator here, because I'm now out of bright ideas.

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. Here is the reference of my motherboard (just in case): Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH

This message is advisory only and does not stop the boot process. Ignore it.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, the boot process has failed, even if it's maybe not link to this message.
I got a kind of "Kernel panic" message immediately after, with a long backtrace made of 64 bit hexadecimal addresses.

The relevant information I can read might be this one:
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kextd

It's hard because there is not much relevant information I can share with you, unfortunately.

Does someone have an idea?

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, the boot process has failed, even if it's maybe not link to this message.
I got a kind of "Kernel panic" message immediately after, with a long backtrace made of 64 bit hexadecimal addresses.

The relevant information I can read might be this one:
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kextd

It's hard because there is not much relevant information I can share with you, unfortunately.

Does someone have an idea?

Thanks!

In System block of profile put your mainboard + rev + BIOS version

KP is possibly GPU related as the GTX970 is not natively supported.

The typo is VERY important. It is grasphicsenabler=yes try it and give me some good news, i spend my whole afternoon because this ****ty typo

btw don't forgot maxmem=4096 if you have more than 4gig of ram

The typo is VERY important. It is grasphicsenabler=yes try it and give me some good news, i spend my whole afternoon because this ****ty typo

btw don't forgot maxmem=4096 if you have more than 4gig of ram

grasphicsenabler=yes is wrong - It should be GraphicsEnabler=Yes (or GraphicsEnabler=No)

Oops sorry i typed too fast. of course it is graphicsenabler=yes (or no) but when i typed it with maj. I got kernel panics and without the installation worked well.

Oops sorry i typed too fast. of course it is graphicsenabler=yes (or no) but when i typed it with maj. I got kernel panics and without the installation worked well.

Boot flags are case sensitive. 'graphicsenabler' is not a valid boot flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back