1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I get this error in UniBeast..
UniBeast Version 4.0.1 (1)
1b8af68c74415ce3d78892db8f540f93.png

I have downloaded mavericks from the Mac App Store, and it is in my Applications folder as: "Install OS X Mavericks"

Can anyone help ?
Thanks.

This usually means that either there was a failure with the USB stick, either in the write or in the USB port.

Can either of you post the relevant section from system.log just before to when this happens?

I had this problem too. I reformatted my usb drive and it worked. I had a previous unibeast install on the usb when I tried it before so maybe the problem is that unibeast doesn't format the usb for you like before

I had this problem too. I reformatted my usb drive and it worked. I had a previous unibeast install on the usb when I tried it before so maybe the problem is that unibeast doesn't format the usb for you like before
UniBeast has NEVER formatted the USB drive.

The instructions specifically say use a freshly formatted drive.

I had the same problem using 16G SanDisk :eek:, changed to 8G HP stick, no problem. :idea:

I had the same issue with a 64GB flash drive (the only size I had laying around). Now I can not erase the drive. It keeps saying "unable to unmount drive" even when I run "diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ newusb disk1" in terminal

I even tried to clear the volume in terminal and it isn't allowed.

it seems that there is a process called md that is constantly running on the partition. Even when I kill the process it just starts up again.

I tried to to switch to windows and erase with no luck.

this is a new flash drive, I've litterally used it once before to move a few files from a mac to PC at work. Does anyone have any ideas? Sadly I think I'm boned. Going out tonight to get a new 8GB drive, but I would like to be able to use the 64gb stick for something else if anyone knows how I could clear it.

EDIT: FIXED! I finally got ahold of a different system running windows and ran chkdsk then defrag. Problem solved!
I tried windows earlier, but it was on the same Mac that was having the problem in the first place. Once I got ahold of a different machine running windows, problem solved!

It happens to me everytime. I am absolutely unable to use UniBeast 4.0.2 :(

I tried with 3 USB sticks, using different USB ports, using different users on my computer. I even tried to do the most secure erase option (write all zeroes 7 times on the USB stick). Nothing. All of this on a 2012 Mac mini.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back