Graphics
sandybridge
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I replaced the HD in my hp4530s with a 1 terabyte hd. I installed 10.8.4 with no problem. Then when I went to pull the usb I got the error code with all the blocks and black screen. I put USb back in and restarted the install except now the apple installer doesnt recognize the HD. The computer does but I cant boot into OSX as it "still waiting for root device" and I cant reinstall bc when I load the USb installer apple doesnt recognize a HD to install to. I went under the utility to reformat the drives(Disk Utility) and it doesnt see the HD either. Again the computer sees the HD cause I can attempt to boot into OSX boot it never starts. Yes I have tried safe mode, single user, and Ignore cache but none boot. I always get to the "Waiting for root device". I previously had OSX running on this computer and the only diffrence being that I swapped HD. I even got everything to run but now after a "sucessful" install the computer fails to boot and apple installer doesnt see the HD. Please help

I replaced the HD in my hp4530s with a 1 terabyte hd. I installed 10.8.4 with no problem. Then when I went to pull the usb I got the error code with all the blocks and black screen. I put USb back in and restarted the install except now the apple installer doesnt recognize the HD. The computer does but I cant boot into OSX as it "still waiting for root device" and I cant reinstall bc when I load the USb installer apple doesnt recognize a HD to install to. I went under the utility to reformat the drives(Disk Utility) and it doesnt see the HD either. Again the computer sees the HD cause I can attempt to boot into OSX boot it never starts. Yes I have tried safe mode, single user, and Ignore cache but none boot. I always get to the "Waiting for root device". I previously had OSX running on this computer and the only diffrence being that I swapped HD. I even got everything to run but now after a "sucessful" install the computer fails to boot and apple installer doesnt see the HD. Please help

Are you sure SATA mode is AHCI in BIOS?

Follow the sticky guide at the top of this forum.

I reset the bios and now it sees the drive and is loading just fine. How odd...everything seems to work just fine. If I try to reboot without the USB installed will I go back to square 1??

I reset the bios and now it sees the drive and is loading just fine. How odd...everything seems to work just fine. If I try to reboot without the USB installed will I go back to square 1??

Follow the sticky guide. It should work.

Resetting BIOS doesn't affect what is on your HDD.

Ok, I think we have a winner. All looks good. No longer getting the boot error upon start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back