Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 670
Greetings -

I've searched on multiple forums, and read multiple instructions, looked at the install.log,
but haven't found a solution.

From the beginning: I found last night that I had to install Lion first, as my system is too old to
download the Mountain Lion app. While searching for a solution, someone mention "option-click"
the Purchases button in the App store and lo and behold Lion was listed.

I downloaded Lion last night, and made sure it was in the /Applications directory. It is listed as
"Install Mac OS X Lion", is 4.74 GB and is listed as an Application.

I downloaded Unibeast 1.6.0 and it downloaded as a zip file. After double-clicking that it
showed me a folder with two options: UniBeast - Lion, and UniBeast - OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive.
I copied both to the Applications directory.

I have run both from both the Applications folder and the Downloads folder. Neither method,
when I get to the list of Packages, i.e. Package Name, Action, Size, giving Legacy USB Support,
Laptop Support, list the "Install OS X Lion" as an option.

So, I'm stuck. I'm not a newbie by any means: been working on Macs since the 80s. But
as usual, it's something simply and obvious that I'm missing here.

One one of my searches, someone said that "InstallESD.dmg" must be present, but I've done
extensive searches and that doesn't exist.

One other note that might be an issue? My root hard drive is an SSD. Perhaps the installer
can't read? I can't imagine, knowing how kernels work in general, this being possible,
given the volume is mounted and working fine.

TIA, a new member with a new build ready to install!

cslewis1

PS Install log only gives this:

Jan 12 10:53:20 moonlight Installer[40089]: Opened from: /Applications/UniBeast - Lion.pkg
Jan 12 10:53:20 moonlight Installer[40089]: Product archive /Applications/UniBeast - Lion.pkg trustLevel=100
Jan 12 10:53:44 moonlight Installer[40089]: InstallerStatusNotifications plugin loaded

Ah, so no listing was needed, eh?

I don't believe I have a Unibeast problem any more, so I have opened a thread in the Installs forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back