1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Plus
  6. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using a Sierra USB installer which worked on a recent Skylake build and tried to use it to attempt an upgrade my Haswell 4790K system from Yosemite in order to use my new 1070 GPU but am using the integrated graphics for purposes of installing. In preparation, I updated Clover to the latest version on the built in drive and copied my kexts into the "efi/kexts/other" folder.

The USB installer gets stuck on the apple logo every time. It doesn't matter if I boot from UEFI of the USB or from the latest EFI clover install on the Yosemite drive and select the USB drive to boot from.

When I boot into verbose mode, here is what I am seeing:
jMw0Kvh.jpg

Every 240 seconds it shows another entry "busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'GFX0'"

What am I doing wrong or what should I change to fix this?

Thanks!

I am using a Sierra USB installer which worked on a recent Skylake build and tried to use it to attempt an upgrade my Haswell 4790K system from Yosemite in order to use my new 1070 GPU but am using the integrated graphics for purposes of installing. In preparation, I updated Clover to the latest version on the built in drive and copied my kexts into the "efi/kexts/other" folder.

The USB installer gets stuck on the apple logo every time. It doesn't matter if I boot from UEFI of the USB or from the latest EFI clover install on the Yosemite drive and select the USB drive to boot from.

When I boot into verbose mode, here is what I am seeing:
jMw0Kvh.jpg

Every 240 seconds it shows another entry "busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'GFX0'"

What am I doing wrong or what should I change to fix this?

Thanks!
Could it be that ACPI files are placed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched?
Also please provide data, upload your Clover folder ( delete themes folder ) and compress the Clover folder as zip.

Could it be that ACPI files are placed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched?
Also please provide data, upload your Clover folder ( delete themes folder ) and compress the Clover folder as zip.

Attached is the Clover folder from the Sierra Install USB I am attempting to boot from. I think it should be fairly standard but perhaps there's something wrong with it. I don't see anything in the ACPI folders for example... Should Unibeast place anything there? This same USB drive worked on a Skylake system prior.

Thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
Could this be an issue with integrated HD 4600 graphics on Sierra? Should I try a different model type in SMBIOS?
Try with FixDisplay_0100 enabled and ig-platform-id set to 0x0d220003 in your config.plist

graphics1.png

graphics2.png

Thank you, I tried to make those changes but my Clover configurator looks different than yours. I tried these settings (see screenshots) instead but the issue was unchanged. Ideas?

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 8.56.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 8.57.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 8.57.15 PM.png

Thank you, I tried to make those changes but my Clover configurator looks different than yours. I tried these settings (see screenshots) instead but the issue was unchanged. Ideas?
Update Clover Configurator to the latest version.
As of Clover v2.4k r4006 the code that differentiate OldWay and NewWay for DSDT fixing was removed.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.

I updated to the latest version of Clover Configurator and when I opened my config.plist file it already had that option checked off. I toggled the checkbox again just to make sure and saved the plist file but the error still happens.

I attached another photo. If I let the system sit there, the same message will pop up every few minutes:

"busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'GFX0'"

Attachments

• Photo-2017-04-29-12-03-45_4053.JPG
    Photo-2017-04-29-12-03-45_4053.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 136
I updated to the latest version of Clover Configurator and when I opened my config.plist file it already had that option checked off. I toggled the checkbox again just to make sure and saved the plist file but the error still happens.

I attached another photo. If I let the system sit there, the same message will pop up every few minutes:

"busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'GFX0'"
Clover Configurator can destroy your config.plist, you should edit your config.plist with Plist Edit Pro.

Clover Configurator can destroy your config.plist, you should edit your config.plist with Plist Edit Pro.
I use it all the time and it's working perfectly fine, never ever had any issues.
Specially for new users it's a great tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back