OSX 10.11
CPU
i5 3330
Graphics
ATI6850
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have encountered this problem too, using another usb stick gives the same result.

And I found the trick today: before the error occurs, a finder window will be opened,

DO NOT CLOSE THAT WINDOW and be patient, it will be done in 10 minutes.

Motherboard
ASUS H97-PRO
CPU
Intel Core i5-4670
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I ran the command as outlined and got no files found, but I looked further into the Volumes directory and have two "OS X Base System" when the Unibeast created usb drive is plugged in. Is this correct that an OS X Base System would already be there.
Gutwald1:Volumes jjg1$ ls
BackupMac OS X Base System Snow Leopard
Gutwald1Vol OS X Base System 1 Untitled
Gutwald1:Volumes jjg1$ cd OS\ X\ Base\ System\ 1
Gutwald1:OS X Base System 1 jjg1$ sudo ls -l /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages
ls: /Volumes/OS X Base System/System/Installation/Packages: No such file or directory
Gutwald1 OS X Base System 1 jjg1$ sudo ls -l /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System\ 1/System/Installation/Packages
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 33 Oct 17 19:06 /Volumes/OS X Base System 1/System/Installation/Packages -> /System/Installation/PackagesLink

The ls command shows a link under the "OS X Base System 1" directory.cd

I then renamed the "other OS X Base System" directory and reran Unibeast on the same USB drive.

Ran clean. Worked like it was suppose to. Hope this helps

I guess Unibeast could work around this issue by mounting "OS X Base System" in a temporary location instead of /Volumes?

Motherboard
Asus K73SV
CPU
i7-2670QM
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000 + nVidia GeForce GT 540M
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have encountered this problem too, using another usb stick gives the same result.

And I found the trick today: before the error occurs, a finder window will be opened,

DO NOT CLOSE THAT WINDOW and be patient, it will be done in 10 minutes.
doesnt work

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
i7-4771
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Hello!

I have the same problem. "There was an error creating your UniBEast drive: Couldn't remove installation packages".

I use:

–Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 (Hackintosh);
–SanDisk Ultra Fit 32 GB USB 3.0 and two different SDHC flash cards 8 GB with card reader USB 2.0;
–USB port 2.0 and 3.0.

How can I solve this problem?

Motherboard
Asus K73SV
CPU
i7-2670QM
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000 + nVidia GeForce GT 540M
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
is there any solution for this issue? tried with 2 usb drive of 8gb and 1 of 16gb, re-downloaded El Capitan and Yosemite, still having the problem.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
CPU
Intel® Core i5-760 "Lynnfield"
Graphics
NVIDIA SPARKLE GEFORCE GT 240 1024MB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
jgutwald you are a genius.

For those that need help: Right-click finder, and select "Go to folder...". Then type in "/Volumes" and hit enter. There, if we had the same problem, you would find two "OS X Base System" files. In my case, one was a folder with a red (-) symbol. I renamed it to "other OS X Base System". After that, I ran uniBeast on the same USB that had been failing and it worked! :clap::thumbup:
After lot of things I tried, this worked! Thanks a lot!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

For those that need help: Right-click finder, and select "Go to folder...". Then type in "/Volumes" and hit enter. There, if we had the same problem, you would find two "OS X Base System" files. In my case, one was a folder with a red (-) symbol. I renamed it to "other OS X Base System". After that, I ran uniBeast on the same USB that had been failing and it worked! :clap::thumbup:
Worked for me too, thanks a lot! :D

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
i7-4771
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 02.54.08.png

Motherboard
Elitebook 2560p
CPU
i5-2520m / QM67 Chipset
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Same issue; I have tried on a 2 macbook pro's & a macbook air. 2 8gb usb 2.0 (toshiba & microcenter brand), a microctr 8 gb 3.0, 2 pny 16gb 2.0, and a generic 128 gb - all with the same error. Any suggestions? I'm just about resolved to stay on OSX 10.10 or just give up on a unibeast usb. Any ideas?