Contribute
Register

UniBeast Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 03.33.16.png

I spoke too soon. It looks like it is hanging too. Maybe install 10.15.5 then update?

Edit: I'm running 10.15.6 on my Hackintosh. In my case, it was SIP being enabled. Apparently I don't know how to disable SIP using OpenCore. So I went back to Clover where I can disable it, and now Unibeast creates the Installer perfectly fine. Also, copying everything over to my MacBook Air running High Sierra (where there is no SIP), it created the Installer with no problems.

Remember when you format your flash disk to Format in Mac OS Extended, with GUID Partition Map. And to double check that SIP is disabled, open terminal and type csrutil status. I thought I had disabled it too until I checked....

Last edited:
I disabled SIP, checked it with the csrutil status and still stuck on copying files. I've been looking up all the troubleshoot infos but couldn't make it work.

The answer here depends at which point your problem is occurring. No one has stated. Have you created your UniBeast installer yet? Or is this the actual installation process? If 10.15.5 is okay, why not just upgrade? If you are trying a fresh installation...

After you have read @P1LGRIM 's post at #2 which is necessary to get around new security measures in Catalina, creating a UniBeast installer does work, but perhaps check the USB Flash drive you have chosen. What capacity is it? What partition format?

If you do have a UniBeast installer and the problem occurs while installing, then check your destination drive with Disk Utility.

If all that is irrelevant, more detail needed.

:)

My details are the following:
Macbook Pro, running Catalina 10.15.5
Appstore download OS: 10.15.6 8GB
USB: 32 gig 2.0 PNY

I downloaded the OS from App store, disabled SIP, formatted the USB to Mac OS Extended (Journaled)+ GUID (later tried MBR) > Checked csrutil status. Disabled.
Opened Unibeast, agree agree, select USB, Catalina, Legacy. Continue.
Now it's stuck at Copying files for 1.5 hours.

I'm curious why you chose Legacy instead of UEFI? I'm not sure if that's the problem, but can you install Catalina on a Legacy?

My details are the following:
Macbook Pro, running Catalina 10.15.5
Appstore download OS: 10.15.6 8GB
USB: 32 gig 2.0 PNY

I downloaded the OS from App store, disabled SIP, formatted the USB to Mac OS Extended (Journaled)+ GUID (later tried MBR) > Checked csrutil status. Disabled.
Opened Unibeast, agree agree, select USB, Catalina, Legacy. Continue.
Now it's stuck at Copying files for 1.5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back