Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Failure to create or excessive creation time is typically due to a defective USB stick, defective USB ports and/or using USB2.

There has been no other reports of issues when using Catalina. So it has to be something in your configuration.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I made it with my MacBook Air running High Sierra. If you want me to try it from my Hackintosh running Catalina, I can give that a go, but I have to reboot into Clover to disable the SIP. Do you want me to try that?

Were you trying it from Catalina or from an older OS?
I tried with another Pendrive, PNY too (what a concidence) and i got the same problem.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 SE
Mac
MacBook Pro
I made it with my MacBook Air running High Sierra. If you want me to try it from my Hackintosh running Catalina, I can give that a go, but I have to reboot into Clover to disable the SIP. Do you want me to try that?
thank you for offering.
I’m trying one last thing. I updated to 10.15.6 and re-formatting the 3.0 usb drive in a different way. At the security option i moved the scroll thing over to the right.
If this does not work, then yes i would appreciate if you could try from your Catalina. Thank you kindly.

At this point i tried doing this on 3 different USB sticks, two different macbook pros. I’m losing my sanity and i haven’t even started doing anything complicated.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I actually did use my Hackintosh (10.15.6) to run Unibeast 10.3.0 and make the installer (Install Catalina 10.15.6, UEFI) yesterday.

If you want, I can offer to see if Legacy will work, but that may be moot since we've established that Legacy won't be able to boot Catalina anyway.

What is "the security option?" Is this in Disk Utility?
Edit: found the security option. I don't think this will make a difference. I had mine all the way to the left, ie "fastest"

thank you for offering.
I’m trying one last thing. I updated to 10.15.6 and re-formatting the 3.0 usb drive in a different way. At the security option i moved the scroll thing over to the right.
If this does not work, then yes i would appreciate if you could try from your Catalina. Thank you kindly.

At this point i tried doing this on 3 different USB sticks, two different macbook pros. I’m losing my sanity and i haven’t even started doing anything complicated.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
If you want, I can offer to see if Legacy will work, but that may be moot since we've established that Legacy won't be able to boot Catalina anyway.
i must have missed the part where it was established that legacy won’t boot catalina. Where is this?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

i must have missed the part where it was established that legacy won’t boot catalina. Where is this?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
thank you for offering.
I updated to 10.15.6 and re-formatting the 3.0 usb drive in a different way. At the security option i moved the scroll thing over to the right.
Reporting back about this. 64 Gig 3.0 USB worked after formatting it the mentioned way. Install was done in 17 minutes 23 seconds.