ROG Strix 370-F
CPU
I7 8700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I ran the newest unibeast distro for Catalina and it never seemed to finish. I ran it for a full 8 hours. The CPU usage never dipped and for all purposes it seemed as if it never stopped performing background tasks but when I've used unibeast in the past it has been at most an hour. This one just seems to keep in a loop.

Edit: Have tried on both a real Mac and using a virtual machine.

So I ran the newest unibeast distro for Catalina and it never seemed to finish. I ran it for a full 8 hours. The CPU usage never dipped and for all purposes it seemed as if it never stopped performing background tasks but when I've used unibeast in the past it has been at most an hour. This one just seems to keep in a loop.

Hi there.

What type and size USB flash drive were you trying?

tried 16GB Sandisk Drive USB 2 and Sandisk 32GB USB 3

Can chime in here. Tried on a 2018 MacBook Air with Catalina. Stalls either at the end of the copy process or while writing Clover. Doesn't proceed. Doesn't write to USB either, just sits there and wastes CPU cycles.
Wrote to a number of different USB sticks, SanDisk, Toshiba, NoName. After killing the UniBeast, you will find a Installer on the drive, but the drive won't boot. Oh and it's not working for either UEFI or Legacy, tried both.

6. You must disable SIP when running UniBeast on a host running Catalina. Failure to do so will result in a failure to install Clover on the destination drive.

UPDATE: I am sorry, it just needed more time.. it eventually finished successfully, an hour later or so..

running the latest UniBeast 10.1.0-4 on Mojave 10.14.4, after downloading the catalina 10.15.4 installer.
it's stuck in a loop at 20% for 20 minutes.
the UniBeast log shows "Copying Files." about 20 minutes ago, no error messages.

as far as I know, there is no SIP in Mojave to worry about correct?

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 3.49.23 PM.png

Last edited:
Same - stuck at 20% running the latest UniBeast 10.1.0-4 on Mojave 10.14.4. Exactly the same as above.

For the most impatient like me, instead of looking at the progress bar of Unibeast, go to the activity monitor, section Disks and look at the process "createinstallmedia"

Got same problem, stuck at 20% in creation step, and then memory leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back