Graphics
Asus strix vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning all,

I had already done a hackintosh in the past, and I'm trying to do a hackintosh with:

Gigabyte B365m
9100F
Vega 56 asus
SSD 860 evo 1TB

The problem I encounter here is the following: when I start the pc to choose the installation key (unibeast + catalina on a 16gb sandisk) it is detected at startup but when I do enter to "start" on the key, I have the gigabyte logo, a black screen with the white cursor at the top, and then it comes back to the menu which offers the choice of boot. So I don't know how to install it. I tested several keys, and the usb ports of the PC.

Thanks for your help.

Not the best hardware choice - See the Anti-Hackintosh Buyer's Guide :

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 10.49.42.png

Good morning all,

I had already done a hackintosh in the past, and I'm trying to do a hackintosh with:

Gigabyte B365m
9100F
Vega 56 asus
SSD 860 evo 1TB

The problem I encounter here is the following: when I start the pc to choose the installation key (unibeast + catalina on a 16gb sandisk) it is detected at startup but when I do enter to "start" on the key, I have the gigabyte logo, a black screen with the white cursor at the top, and then it comes back to the menu which offers the choice of boot. So I don't know how to install it. I tested several keys, and the usb ports of the PC.

Thanks for your help.

this guy might be able to help you.

Might want to add -v to the boot arguments and see if that provides you with further information. Though it sounds like the installer is not even running/starting if the chipset was the problem it would at least start the install. There are plenty of hacks out there running almost everyone of the chipset listed on that list of not ok boards. In fact one of the most well maintained and most used boards on this entire form is a z390 and that same person is maintaining a z490 build. I have personally built hack on H370 board for my buddy and it is running a 9900 cpu. While there might be some quarks with your board it can be made to work. I mean the link I provide dude has your board working with unsupported CPU.

Hello,

I follow your help and buy a Z390M from gigabyte. Easy to change and easy to report with amazon.
But I have the same problem !

My USB key is detected, but with boot menu F12, when I click on the usb storage to select it, after 3 seconds, he came back to the boot menu F12.

It's really weird, looks like this is unique to Gigabyte?

I did a hackintosh 3 years ago, and it went really well, I don't understand.

Thank you for your help, after that I will close the topic because it's an other motherboard

Z390 is on the same list of boards to avoid.
Yes I see it after viewing this board in your link who say Z390 gigabyte are okay.

Any idea about the fact that the USB key don't start when I choose her ? For the next step, I will have any problem to resolve it, But I work a full day for trying and the result is nothing :oops::oops::oops:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 11.48.16.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 11.48.16.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 45
Any idea about the fact that the USB key don't start when I choose her ?
Try the forum Search tool, other people have managed to install ok.

Try the forum Search tool, other people have managed to install ok.
Thank you, I had searched for a long time, but just repeating myself to search already points me to the fact that you know a solution exists. By searching deeply, I was able to find that it was my USB key which was 32bg and did not work. With an old 16gb, I have good access to the installation. I will therefore perhaps send the Z390M back and continue on the B365M. Topic closed, if I manage to do the installation I will change it to success. Thanks again !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back