UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all ,
Desperately hoping someone can help me here. I built a customac several years ago and it worked great. I updated to high sierra about a year ago and again , it worked very smoothly. A few days ago it had trouble booting and started to hang on gigabyte splash screen. I couldn't get anywhere and none of the alt boot keys worked. I figured after much reading that the only option was to reinstall high sierra.
I used the usb stick toshiba 8 gb which I had used successfully last year but when I went to boot from it , I could not. Still hung on splash screen. I decided to make a new boot loader so erased the stick and downloaded unibeast 8.4. However Unibeast could not see the drive at all.
I got a new drive a 16gb sandisk and that worked fine although I will mention it took about 20 minutes to install.I selected Uefi rather than legacy. I think that was right. I was unsure whether to use Guid or MBR and went with guide that said Guid. All went fine. However when I tried to boot from flash drive I got boot0:error. Cannot get past this. I forgot to mention I did get the old stick to work once and re-installed high sierra but everything seemed to go pear shaped then. I also tired resetting cmos? in mobo. So now I am in a pickle.
Couple of other points. The old drive is recogised by unibeast if I change guid to mbr. However doesn't show up at all in boot loader menu when I try it. Very frustrated here. Been at this all day yesterday and this morning. I am sure it's something simple but I know only the basics.
These are my specs.. I am pretty sure I have the bios set up correctly.
GIGABYTE|GA-Z87X-OC Z87 RT
CPU INTEL|CORE I7 4770K 3.5G 8M R
MEM 8Gx2|CORSAIR CML16GX3M2A1600C10 SSD 240G|SANDISK SDSSDX-240G-G25 R

Attached photos of Bios config.
thanks
William

Attachments

• IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1586.JPG
    IMG_1586.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1588.JPG
    IMG_1588.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1591.JPG
    IMG_1591.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1590.JPG
    IMG_1590.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1589.JPG
    IMG_1589.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
More info on same problem. I flashed the mobo. No change. Tried every configuration of unibeast. Guid, mbr, Uefi, Legacy. 4 different flash drives, every usb port. Changing Bios to uefi only, uefi and legacy etc etc.
Problem remains as follows. When I try and boot, hangs on gigabyte flash screen.. If I boot F12 , I can select the USB stick but get Boot0: ERROR. Cannot get past this point. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
One other thing, in Bios the Unibeast flash drive , doesn't show up as UEFI. Is this something. I have followed guide to a T so I am sure I am doing it correctly. I also removed SSD and tried to boot . I get the boot drive not found even though I have a a usb stick connected..I also connected ssd to another system and ran disk utility as Tonymac suggested and repaired in recovery. It did find corruption but still made no difference when I reconnected.

Ok, well I figured this out eventually and hopefully someone else can benefit . Basically the Bios was not recognising my usb unibeast as a UEFI drive. I don't know why. I read somewhere that flashing the Bios might work but was nervous about doing that. After I had exhausted all other options I tried that. I also un-mounted ssd and erased it on another system. Once I had flashed d the bios , the USB stick showed up as UEFI and I could boot up. Hallelujah..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back