Contribute
Register

UniBeast apfs.efi error

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must select GUID partition but it's only available if you select in the view options at the top left corner of the Disk Utility window, "Show Only Volumes". So simply select view - show all devices, then select the actual drive you're trying to reformat, then when trying to erase, you should have the option to choose a partition scheme.

This fixed my

"Copy of 'apfs.efi' failed" error

You must select GUID partition but it's only available if you select in the view options at the top left corner of the Disk Utility window, "Show Only Volumes". So simply select view - show all devices, then select the actual drive you're trying to reformat, then when trying to erase, you should have the option to choose a partition scheme.
Thanks a million! I had the exact same problem as OP. Seems so obvious now

Anybody could help me? Nothing helps with resolve that error...
Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 23.47.03.png

Same problem for me, I will try again tonight and make sure the Finder window is closed.
Anybody could help me? Nothing helps with resolve that error... View attachment 431027

EDIT: I tried again with a new USB-stick and still the same. I'm on Catalina on my MacBook so I thought maybe it's a compatibility issue with Unibeast so I tried Mojave instead of High Sierra and that worked fine. Not sure why the High Sierra Unibeast won't work but the Mojave will.

Last edited:
Same problem for me, I will try again tonight and make sure the Finder window is closed.

EDIT: I tried again with a new USB-stick and still the same. I'm on Catalina on my MacBook so I thought maybe it's a compatibility issue with Unibeast so I tried Mojave instead of High Sierra and that worked fine. Not sure why the High Sierra Unibeast won't work but the Mojave will.
I'm having the same issue. I've tried:
1. sudo diskutil partitionDisk USB-Device GPT JHFS+ VOLUME-NAME R
2. make sure it's partitioned in GPT

Here is what I see after executing diskutil command:

Code:
/dev/disk2 (external, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *15.4 GB    disk2
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk2s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS USB                     15.0 GB    disk2s2

Here is what I see in Disk Utilities:
Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 1.14.01 PM.png

UniBeast.log:
Code:
12/26/19 13:15:52 - Starting UniBeast 8.3.1-20180412
12/26/19 13:16:08 - Copying Files...
12/26/19 13:22:22 - Installing Bootloader...
12/26/19 13:22:34 - Attaching Base System...
12/26/19 13:22:34 - Copying apfs.efi...
12/26/19 13:22:34 - Copy of apfs.efi failed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back