Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Predator G5900
CPU
i5 650
Graphics
GT 340
Sorry if this post is in the wrong place but writing out of pure frustration, i have now used 8 different usb sticks and still cannot get Unibeast to install El Capitan on the usb, the problem is this damned OS X BASE SYSTEM keeps popping up on the desktop and stops Unibeast from installing about 8 minutes into the process. It seems this OS X BASE SYSTEM cannot be erased, cannot be partitioned, cannot be unmounted, cannot be deleted but surely someone somewhere out there must have fix for this. There have been some very bad Viruses, Trojans etc etc in the past on Windows but this bloody OS X BASE SYTSTEM beats the lot, please please someone find a way to obliterate this dam thing from my usb.

You have to ensure that InstallESD is not mounted before running UniBeast and you DON'T try to unmount any volumes while UniBeast is running.

You have to ensure that InstallESD is not mounted before running UniBeast and you DON'T try to unmount any volumes while UniBeast is running.
Many thanks for your reply, how do I ensure that InstallESD is not mounted before running Unibeast?, nothing by that name shows up in Disk Utility.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any software that can totally wipe USB sticks, I have tried DiskWarrior but that failed to erase the OS X Base System, also if I erase USB on a different pc running Windows will that get rid of OS X Base System from the USB.

Oh that it was that simple, Disk Utility especially El Capitan's version of Disk Utility is totally useless as far as this problem is concerned, thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back