Contribute
Register

Unibeast 9.2 Stuck on Copying Files (Tried everything from search)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4a

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M-D3H
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
It did work before with my USB 3.0 drive, but I couldn't get it to work with my hackintosh, so I tried my USB 2.0 drive and it is just stuck at like 8% for an hour. Bought another 2.0 drive, same thing.

Reformatted my 3.0 drive and this time this gets stuck as well.

Deleted Unibeast and Mojave installation as suggested in FAQ, nothing changes, none of the 3 drives gets past couple %.

Anything else to try?

Edit: attached screenshot of Unibeast.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 21.15.46.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 21.15.46.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
It did work before with my USB 3.0 drive, but I couldn't get it to work with my hackintosh, so I tried my USB 2.0 drive and it is just stuck at like 8% for an hour. Bought another 2.0 drive, same thing.

Reformatted my 3.0 drive and this time this gets stuck as well.

Deleted Unibeast and Mojave installation as suggested in FAQ, nothing changes, none of the 3 drives gets past couple %.

Anything else to try?
boot verbose then take a pic

make sure to use a USB2.0 stick, try all ports

USB 3.0 drive that I did manage to create and boot get stuck at "Still waiting for root device".

So I tried to create 2 bootable USB 2.0 devices and both get stuck while copying files with UniBeast. It just stays around 8% and does not move at all.

Then I reformatted my 3.0 drive and now that gets stuck at "Copying Files" as well.

My problem right now is not with booting Mojave, but creating the USB stick for it.

USB 3.0 drive that I did manage to create and boot get stuck at "Still waiting for root device".

So I tried to create 2 bootable USB 2.0 devices and both get stuck while copying files with UniBeast. It just stays around 8% and does not move at all.

Then I reformatted my 3.0 drive and now that gets stuck at "Copying Files" as well.

My problem right now is not with booting Mojave, but creating the USB stick for it.
usb2.0 is recommended, be patient

usb2.0 is recommended, be patient
I don't think patience will be the key this time. It seems that UniBeast is just not working for me. When I first created the bootable drive, it completed it in like 10 min max. Now I have waited for more than 2 hours total and it has never passed 8% with any of the 3 drives.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 21.15.46.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 21.15.46.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 74
I don't think patience will be the key this time. It seems that UniBeast is just not working for me. When I first created the bootable drive, it completed it in like 10 min max. Not I have waited for more than 2 hours total and it has never passed 8% with any of the 3 drives.

Thank you, I saw that and tried everything from those notes (reinstalled the app, re downloaded install file). It did not help. Nothing shows up in logs. It just says "08/08/19 21:15:29 - Copying Files..." and that's it.

Ive had similar problems - mine was caused by the USB drive - it worked for normal file copies but as soon as I tried to make it bootable, all sorts of hangups and faults including never being able to get Unibeast to work on it. It was a Toshiba and worked slowly but well for a long time but... I now use SanDisk drives which have been great.

Thank you, I saw that and tried everything from those notes (reinstalled the app, re downloaded install file). It did not help. Nothing shows up in logs. It just says "08/08/19 21:15:29 - Copying Files..." and that's it.

Although I don't use Unibeast 9.2 for Mojave to create a macOS Mojave USB installer disk, I know it works perfectly if you follow all the steps recommended.

If you can use any of the USB flash drives brands you had previously tried and failed and use Disk Utility in a RealMac or perfectly working Hackintosh to Erase the Disk making sure the Partition scheme is GUID and Format is macOS (Extended Journaled) BEFORE using that disk to run Unibeast , you are more than likely to succeed.
Very often users don't check the screen and reflexly click not paying attention that the Partition Scheme is the Default Master Boot Record and not GUID needed in Unibeast

Although I don't use Unibeast 9.2 for Mojave to create a macOS Mojave USB installer disk, I know it works perfectly if you follow all the steps recommended.

If you can use any of the USB flash drives brands you had previously tried and failed and use Disk Utility in a RealMac or perfectly working Hackintosh to Erase the Disk making sure the Partition scheme is GUID and Format is macOS (Extended Journaled) BEFORE using that disk to run Unibeast , you are more than likely to succeed.
Very often users don't check the screen and reflexly click not paying attention that the Partition Scheme is the Default Master Boot Record and not GUID needed in Unibeast
Thanks, I tried on a friends macbook and it worked out perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back