i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I get the stop sign booting to the UniBeast drive to install, and in verbose mode, I see a message along the lines of "XHC: too many ports, not enabling the remaining 11 ports". The final text gets fuzzed but I think it's the message along the lines of "still waiting on root device".

So I think the stop sign is because macOS can't find my USB stick, and I think that means the USBInjectAll kext and/or port limit patch is not set up correctly on the UniBeast stick to enable all USB ports?

There is no USBInjectAll in UniBeast. The port patch is Mojave specific and was tested on numerous systems with no issues.

What system was this on?

Hmm. It's my AsRock 370 (Fatal1ty Mini-ITX, I need to look up the exact model). But there was USBInjectAll in the kexts/Other. Maybe it was left over from previous use of the USB stick? I will clear out the EFI partition on the USB and try again.

ASrock motherboards are tricky.

When tonymacx86 was testing UniBeast 9.0 on his ASrock he had issues booting.

I don't remember what he had to do to get it to boot.

It worked OK* when I cleaned out the USB EFI partition and re-did it, so I am guessing it was the leftover USBInjectAll and/or other stuff.

FWIW I didn't wipe the whole stick because the Mojave Disk Utility doesn't seem to let you erase the whole drive (only one partition at a time, but it doesn't show the EFI partition as an option)... I was too lazy to look up the diskutil command, and I guess it bit me. It might be worth discussing in the install guide -- unless I'm missing something the Disk Utility procedure given just isn't available in Mojave.

* And I've gotten into the installer, now showing "6 minutes remaining". I take that as a good sign, but it's not done yet. :)

I've found to really erase a disk now you select the device to erase and then change the partition map from GPT to MBR and format as MS-DOS, then format again as GPT, HFS+.

Ah, it looks like the key in the Mojave Disk Utility is to hit View / Show All Devices. Then you can select the thumb drive and hit Erase instead of only selecting the existing partition and hitting Erase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back