Motherboard
Asus Z87-PLUS
CPU
i5 7670k OC
Graphics
AMD R9 280x 3GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does Unibeast 9 automaticaly create and install apfs.efi so I can simply create USB instalation of Mojave with Unibeast 9, install it on my separate SSD, then configure Mojave and do the normal post-instalation Multibeast stuff or should I somehow prepare my new separate SSD for work with APFS prior to the instalation process?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would add, that APFS efi was NOT on my installer, no matter how I tried, so I used latest version of Clover after creating the USB installer and made sure I had all efi drivers (Aptio fix and apfsloader) so that Mojave could install.

if you have apfs loader you dont need apfs.efi, is depecrated

yea, I got to know that from the forum, but neither were there, so after Mojave installer's first reboot I was left with no boot devices to choose from, only and empty clover menu :-/

yea, I got to know that from the forum, but neither were there, so after Mojave installer's first reboot I was left with no boot devices to choose from, only and empty clover menu :-/

Hm ok so after you realized after first reboot that there was no boot devices what did you do exactly? You created your own USB instalation using mac terminal and skipping Unibeast altogether or did you somehow edited usb instalation you previously created with Unibeast?

Hm ok so after you realized after first reboot that there was no boot devices what did you do exactly? You created your own USB instalation using mac terminal and skipping Unibeast altogether or did you somehow edited usb instalation you previously created with Unibeast?

It took me numerous tries to get my Mojave installed (it is a fresh install).

I created a dozen different USB sticks, could not get them to boot, so I used a USB WD passport external HDD. Created a 15 gig partition, and then Unibeast 9 did the job. It was a lot faster than the USB sticks too.

Then I ran Clover 4700 (now there's 4722) and targeted the USB HDD, selected AptioFix and APFSLoader, and added AppleIntelE1000 kext manually.

AppleALC, Lilu do not need to be here for install. You would add them later to /Library/Extensions folder on the system with kextbeast

Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 22.46.24.png Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 22.46.38.png

Ok thx for all the info. Seems like a lot of juggling to get it working. And how is APFS behaving: any problems whatsoever?Missing files, problem with macOS after powering it off while using etc? I heard some weird stories about APFS on non-apple drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back