Contribute
Register

UniBeast 8 "There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't create installer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z270E
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Attempted to do a fresh install of High Sierra with Unibeast 8 and got this error when I tried to create my drive. I made sure the drive formatting was correct and that I had it set to GUID Partition Table. I deleted every copy of the High Sierra installer and started from scratch to no avail. What am I doing wrong?
Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 5.45.48 PM.png

Same problem here. Choosing Legacy. I've already gone through the Troubleshooting Notes.

Is it a typo when it says "UniBeast will detect and only works with valid purchased Sierra install applications in /Applications." or "Most UniBeast failures are due to it not finding your valid purchased copy of Install macOS Sierra.app in /Applications, or the application is incomplete or corrupted." Shouldn't it say "High Sierra"?

10/25/17 21:21:00 - Starting UniBeast 8.0.0-20171024
10/25/17 21:21:33 - Copying Files...
10/25/17 21:21:33 - Couldn't create installer

Did you try a different USB stick?
Yes, multiple different USB sticks. Formatted to Journaled, GUID. Tried it on 2 different Mac computers and I am still getting the same error.

MTLaw,

What are the systems you are running on, hardware and macOS version?

Also, what types and sizes of USB sticks did you try?

Update: Not sure what happened. I was going back through and retrying every USB on both systems, to make sure none were working before replying with all the system information you requested. I formatted the drive on my Hackintosh running El Capitan 10.11.5, tried running Unibeast, it did not work there. I took that USB, put it into my Macbook Air running High Sierra 10.13.1, did NOT reformat on that computer, ran Unibeast, and it just finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back