Contribute
Register

UniBeast 8.2 bug with 10.13.4 - Installer not shown in Clover - Missing IABootFiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 M GAMING
CPU
Intel i5 9600K
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Like many others, I have had the problem of UniBeast successfully creating a USB install drive for High Sierra 10.13.4, but Clover does not show the installer partition at boot up. This happened when I created an installer using version 13.4.09 of the Install MacOS High Sierra.app.

When I reverted to 10.13.1 (version 13.1.05) of Install MacOS High Sierra.app the Unibeast created installer worked as expected.

I noticed that the difference was the presence of the .IABootFiles folder and .IABootFilesSystemVersion.plist in the working installer. See attached pics The first shows the 10.13.1 created files, and the second shows the 10.13.4 created files.

For some reason, UniBeast 8.2 is not adding the .IABootFile files to the USB installer, so the installer is not found by Clover.

Adding the missing files from the 10.13.1 USB installer to the 10.13.4 installer causes it to show up in Clover, but the files should probably be edited before actually using them to install the system.

Please look into this bug in UniBeast 8.2 and see if it can be fixed.

Attachments

• 10.13.1 USB Install Files.png
    10.13.1 USB Install Files.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,776
  • 10.13.3 USB Install Files.png
    10.13.3 USB Install Files.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,643
  • Unibeast Install Log.txt
    32.1 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
I seem to have the same problem.

I have the same problem. Does anyone fix it? thank you.

Until we can update UniBeast the fix is to run the following command in Terminal:

Code:
rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia

Until we can update UniBeast the fix is to run the following command in Terminal:

Code:

Thanks for the quick response to this. Glad to know that I wasn't "inventing" a problem that wasn't really there.

Been looking for this for 4 hours. Thanks a ton!

Code:

hi, i don't know how to run the following command in Terminal. help please

Code:

When trying to install I get the error "Macos can not be installed because the installer resources have been expired" Any idea what to do now?

I have tried this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/
I have tried to create the installation pen drive by that method, it failed in exactly the same way as Unibeast. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Clover was not updated for some time.
I do not understand how the Terminal line given by MacMan was suppose to be used. Instead of Unibeast, before Unibeast or after Unibeast? Since it deletes some part of the Install app, a dmg inside, probably after the download and before Unibeast.

Last edited:
hi, i don't know how to run the following command in Terminal. help please
Copy paste the text into Terminal, it will ask you the user password. Type it (it will not appear) on the screen, then hit enter. In case you meant that. But we need to now exactly what MacMan meant with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back