Contribute
Register

unibeast 8.2 + 10.13.4 : STOP SIGN issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding another voice here: Fresh 10.13.4 install from App store using Unibeast 8.2. Got the prohibitory Stop Symbol. I was using a USB 2 port but i'll try another and see what happens.

EDIT: Tried another port - same issue. Made sure to run the two terminal commands here after the Unibeast install. Same issue.

I booted in Verbose mode and here's the last thing I see before the symbol appears and the text becomes garbled. I think it says "Still waiting for root device" under the garbled mess once the symbol comes up.

Anyone else had any success?

image1.JPG

Last edited:
I booted in Verbose mode and here's the last thing I see before the symbol appears and the text becomes garbled. I think it says "Still waiting for root device" under the garbled mess once the symbol comes up.
"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

Do you have some news ?

Hey, sonizef, thanks for the tip about the USB 2 thing. It totally worked for me.

Not sure if this can help anyone, but if after trying everything mentioned before you still get the prohibitory symbol, try enabling the "Fix USB" option in Clover settings, in the "ACPI Patching > DSDT fix mask" menu. That did the trick for me.

Not sure if this can help anyone, but if after trying everything mentioned before you still get the prohibitory symbol, try enabling the "Fix USB" option in Clover settings, in the "ACPI Patching > DSDT fix mask" menu. That did the trick for me.
Hi @kerlo420 Your tip works! You save my week! Confirm to fix GA Z390i on Mojave 10.14.4.
Edit: sadly not solve completely.. I still got No-GO. But after switch Verbose mode I can figure out most often issue is so call "Kernelcache" issue.
add -f UseKernelCache=No to boot option looks promise.
Will update further

Last edited:
I made some progress! :)

The issue appeared to be related to the fact that each port in the Z270 motherboard is USB 3.0. After reading in various other threads encouraging the use of USB 2.0 for the boot loader I grabbed a USB hub that is specifically USB 2.0. After loading the USB boot loader created by UniBeast through the USB 2.0 hub I was able to successfully get to the install screen of High Sierra. I was able to reformat the internal drive.

Unfortunately, once I got there I encountered a message saying something along the lines of "Could not install macOS dues to missing resources". I'm really not exactly sure what the message read as I didn't take a picture of it. It was presented with the High Sierra installer UI and not verbose mode.

I've since begun the process all over using Sierra (not High Sierra) in an effort to avoid the bugs currently in UniBeast 8.2. I'm also using the USB 2.0 hub for the boot loader. I've been successful!... mostly. I was able to install Sierra onto my internal HDD and boot from it. However after making adjusting some setting in MultiBeast, installing MultiBeast settings, and restarting I'm experiencing an issue where it just keeps restarting after loading 90% when showing the Apple Logo. I'm hoping it's related to the Ev0reboot.kext as described in this thread.

I'm ultimately going to give up on High Sierra until the issues are ironed out in UniBeast 8.3. I'm going to work a bit more to get Sierra working tonight by putting the restart fix indicated in the linked thread above. Fingers crossed.

USB 2 did the trick with the install side on my end, now on to keep on installing and seeing what's next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back